Sector Specialist/Senior Specialist (Grade 5/4) Washington, DC, United States of America
The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
About this position
We are looking for a Sector Specialist or Senior Specialist to contribute to the division’s efforts in the design and execution of productive financing and connectivity programs incorporating gender mainstreaming and climate finance considerations.
You will work in the Connectivity, Markets and Finance Division (IFD/CMF), part of the Institutions for Development Department. CMF team is responsible for developing funding mechanisms and risk mitigation structures to mobilize private sector investments while also promoting gender equality and addressing challenges posed by climate change. Areas of work also include connectivity, disaster risk financial management, financial regulation, and structured finance.
What you’ll do :
- Lead or participate in the design and execution of loan operations and technical assistance programs supporting productive development and/or connectivity.
- Engage in technical dialogue and capacity building support to governments and financial institutions to enhance their ability to incorporate gender, diversity, climate finance and digitalization considerations in their operations.
- Develop high level policy dialogue and knowledge exchange efforts to strengthen strategic partnerships with key development stakeholders in the Region.
- Lead or participate in the monitoring and execution of programs with particular focus on achieving development effectiveness and capturing lessons learned for the design of future operations.
What you’ll need
- Education: Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Economics, Finance, Public Affairs, Environmental Management, Engineering, Mathematics, or other relevant field.
- Experience: At least 5 years of relevant work experience in finance, economics, or related fields from the public and/or private financial sector, or multilateral organizations, mainly focused on the design and/or execution of public sector operations and project management in Latin America and the Caribbean. Expertise in gender and diversity mainstreaming, climate finance and/or connectivity a plus.
- Languages: Proficiency in Spanish and English, spoken and written, is required. Additional knowledge of French and Portuguese is preferable.
- Learn continuously
- Collaborate and share knowledge
- Focus on clients
- Communicate and influence
- Innovate and try new things
- Citizenship : You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries . We may offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
- Consanguinity : You have no family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
Type of contract and duration
- International staff contract, 36 months initially, renewable upon mutual agreement.
What we offer
The IDB group provides benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package.
- Leaves and vacations : 24 days of paid time off + 8 personal days + sick leave + gender- neutral parental leave.
- Health Insurance : IDB Group provides employees and eligible dependents with a robust medical benefits program which covers medical, dental, vision, preventive care, and prescription drugs.
- Pension plan : defined benefit pension plan that provides financial security and support employees in planning for their future.
- We offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your family , when it applies.
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules.
- Health and wellbeing: Access to our Health Services Center which provides preventive care and health education for employees.
- Development support : We offer tools to boost your professional profile such as mentoring, 1:1 professional counseling, training and learning opportunities, language classes, mobility options, among others.
- Other perks: Lactation Room, Daycare Center, Gym, Bike Racks, Parking, Spouse Career Program, and others.
At the IDB Group we work so everyone brings their best and authentic selves to work, willing to try new approaches without fear, and where they are accountable and rewarded for their actions.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are at the center of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+ people, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualifCMied candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at email@example.com to request reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Our Human Resources Team reviews carefully every application.
About the IDB Group
The IDB Group, composed of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), IDB Invest, and the IDB Lab offers flexible financing solutions to its member countries to finance economic and social development through lending and grants to public and private entities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Inter-American Development Bank is devoted to improving lives. Established in 1959, the IDB is a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. The IDB also conducts cutting-edge research and provides policy advice, technical assistance and training to public and private sector clients throughout the region.
Follow us : https://www.linkedin.com/company/inter-american-development-bank/
- External Opening Date: May 24, 2023
- External Closing Date: Jun 7, 2023
- External Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Field: Sector