Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
Associate, Scrum Master is a technical leader responsible for the delivery of modern, secure and cost effective infrastructure services to the Enterprise. This hands-on, technical role requires the post holder to co-ordinate technical teams across EBRD staff and IT partner organisations, enabling business value.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
The Scrum Master:
- Provides guidance as a subject matter expert in the technology domain / specialisms of the scrum
- Acts as an escalation for Major Incidents, Problems, Changes or other significant technical challenges within the scrum / area of responsibility
- Works with stakeholders, colleagues and IT partners to realise the significant investment made in infrastructure. This means exploiting deployed technologies fully, ensuring all products in a suite are utilised, as appropriate.
- Provides cover for the Squad Leads or other Scrum Masters as needed
- Tracks product obsolescence to ensure the infrastructure remains secure and in line with vendor guidance. Holds IT partners to account for applying security and function patches / updates
- Ensures documentation accurately reflects current operating environment / infrastructure stack
- Drives the use of automation, continuous integration / delivery (CI/CD) and Infrastructure-as-Code
- Champions continuous improvement by developing and initiating the optimisation of process
- Applies Agile and DevOps practices to ways of working.
The Infrastructure Squad has scrums aligned to different technology domains. There are a number of Associate roles, running the scrum as a Scrum Master / Technical Lead. Detailed below are the accountabilities and responsibilities specific to each technology specialism.
Specialism – Wintel Lead
The scrum lead for Wintel is responsible for the Wintel scrum. Technology in this area includes but is not limited to:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Continuous data protection
- Hyperconverged Infrastructure
- Hosting facilities – Co-location / Data Centre / in-office server rooms for HQ and Resident Offices
- Scripting, automation and replication processes.
Working with other Capabilities, Squads and Scrums there is a shared responsibility for some cloud services (primarily delivered from Microsoft Azure).
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Deep understanding (hands-on) in the scrum technology domain with a broad understanding of technology. A ‘T-Shaped’ individual
- Understanding of service management principles, being part of a customer centric team
- Takes ownership of cross-domain issues, incidents or problems co-ordinating the resolution
- Strong lateral thinking and troubleshooting expertise
- Team and technical team leadership experience
- Comfortable operating in both Agile teams and more traditional waterfall ways of working
- Understands the needs of Developers
- Familiarity working with managed service providers / agreements and professional service organisations / statements-of-work
- Appreciates the importance of maintaining strong controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of The EBRD’s data assets
- Capable of suitably estimating work for the purposes of supply and demand
- Current technical certification in the scrum technology domain
- Desirable certification: ITIL Foundation; Certified Scrum Master
- A persuasive communicator who can engage across levels of seniority and technical capability
- Must be comfortable with office productivity tools including the Microsoft Office suite.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Must be capable of creating and updating high-quality technical documentation.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.