GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAMME/GOAL
GOAL is looking for a talented and motivated individual to join our donor compliance team. This is great opportunity work in an International NGO and help GOAL delivering its programmes that transform lives every day.
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 14 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL had an annual budget in excess of €200 million in 2022 and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
The Compliance Support Officer is part of the HQ Compliance Team and will assist the Legal Team on governance/admin work as necessary.
The Compliance Team is responsible for ensuring that GOAL has the systems, processes and training in place to support staff in meeting institutional donor compliance requirements.
This is a critical role in the organisation because of the importance and centrality of donor compliance and donor contract management in maintaining GOALs cash flow, managing risk arising from non-compliance, maintaining good external donor relationships and for future donor funding. The team collaborates closely with other functions in HQ and with compliance functions in country offices in order to support effective donor compliance and donor contract management. The team works with the Country offices to ensure improved standardization and quality in donor contract management and compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the compliance advisor and the Donor Compliance Officer in the update of GOAL’s compliance guidance and tools (i.e. SOPs, checklists and templates) to ensure compliance to GOALs donor regulations throughout the country programme operations.
- Support the compliance advisor and the Donor Compliance Officer in the reviewing of updates to GOAL’s internal policies and assessing compatibility with donor regulations and input as required to the revision of these policies.
- Keep current and up to date with the donor rules and regulations of GOALs donors.
- With compliance officer review and feedback on submitted Compliance Reports from Country compliance focal points and action follow up items as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring the global Anti-Terrorism and Sanction System is maintained with up to date functionality including coordination with compliance advisor and the Donor Compliance Officer and third party supplier, and providing training, guidance and support where required to HQ departments and country programmes.
- Support the donor compliance advisor and the Donor Compliance Officer in preparation and review of enhanced due diligence for potential new donors, partners and other stakeholders including screening (ATSCs) where required and preparation of reports for management decision making.
- With compliance advisor and the Donor Compliance Officer, liaise with Legal, Internal audit, Investigation, Safeguarding and Risk teams to review common themes, trends and risks relating to donor compliance, providing reporting to management; updating templates as necessary and develop training as required.
- Attend CPD/compliance network events to be aware of the donor compliance landscape.
- Support the team in conducting inductions and training for new and current staff on donor requirements, GOAL’s donor compliance systems, policies and procedures. This may include leading face-to-face and / or remote training when required
- Maintain and update the intranet pages with relevant information and guidance materials.
- Liaise closely with GOAL’s General Counsel to assist with global governance project from time to time.
Accountability within GOAL
- A commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability: 1) Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols; 2) Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area; 3) Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
- Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Equal Employer Statement
- Consistent with GOAL’s core values of humanitarianism; integrity; respect; partnership and courage, we place a significant emphasis on equality in our working environment.
- GOAL is committed to treating all its employees with dignity and respect and values diversity, which it believes enriches an organisation. To reinforce this commitment, all company activities, policies, practices and procedures are to be carried out in accordance with this global standard.
- All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling GOAL’s commitment to equal employment opportunity and equal treatment. GOAL does not discriminate against any employee or volunteer; or any applicant for employment or volunteering on the basis of age, gender identity, ancestry, political opinion, civil status, medical condition, ethnic background, disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
- GOAL believes that our strong commitment to equal opportunity and equal treatment helps to ensure that there is no unjustified discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, compensation, benefits, retention, and discipline of staff and volunteers.
- GOAL aims to provide a work environment that fosters fairness, equity, and respect for social and cultural diversity, and that is free from discrimination, harassment [and vilification] as determined by applicable laws.