Job advertisement : Aug 14/2023
Publication cancellation date : Sep 4, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLURU
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: PSA ( Personal Service Agreements )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Uruguay-Montevideo
Duration: 60 days ( renewable )
Position Number: N / A
_ FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The main objective of FAO country offices, headed by the FAO Representative, is to cooperate with governments in policy development, programs and projects to achieve food security and reduce hunger and malnutrition, help develop the agricultural, fisheries, forestry sectors, and use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable way.
The Communication Specialist will carry out his duties under the general direction of the FAO Representative in Uruguay and the technical supervision of the FAO Program Assistant Representative.
Field of specialization
The Communication Specialist is responsible for all the corporate and internal communication activities of the Organization in Uruguay and must guarantee coherence and consistency in corporate messages and communication results from FAO.
Tasks and Responsibilities
In close collaboration with the OCC unit and respective agreed focal points, the holder:
- Prepare the Communication Strategy of the FAO Representation in the country, in line with the regional communication strategy, the guidelines of FAO Headquarters in Rome and the current Country Programming Framework.
- Generate attractive communication content: disseminate FAO activities and projects in the country through opinion pieces, press releases and audiovisual media.
- Coordinate the work of project communicators to make communication materials.
- Coordinate in-depth reports that rescue success stories and human interest by journalists or project communicators.
- Maintain an active presence on social networks and generate content for the Representation website, the regional page and digital platforms.
- Responsible for the content, management and updating of the FAO Web space in Uruguay.
- Ensure that communication products follow the guidelines of the Regional Office and FAO Headquarters in Rome.
- Ensure that all communication materials follow FAO authorization processes and meet FAO standards, including:
FAOSTYLE ( English: https://www.fao.org/3/cb8081en/cb8081en.pdf; French: https://www.fao.org/3/AC339FR/ac339fr.pdf; Spanish: https://www.fao.org/3/ac339s/ac339s.pdf; Arabic: https://www.fao.org/3/ac339a/ac339a.pdf; Chinese: m https://www.fao.org/3/ac339a/ac339a.pdf); FAO terminology http://www.fao.org/faoterm; FAO Names Of Countries https://www.fao.org/nocs/en; Story guidelines http://intranet.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/occ/Quick_Guides/UPDATED-Digital-Storytelling-Guide-EN-FINAL.pdf; Story template http://intranet.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/occ/Quick_Guides/FAO-Stories-Template-UPDATED.pdf; UN map standards ( available to staff ); FAO Brand and policy book( available to staff ).
- Perform any other task related to the job profile as required.
THE CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUED IN ARRANGE TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Degree in Communication, Social Communication, Communication for Development, Journalism; or related areas.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in corporate communications, public information, journalism, international relations, communication in the agricultural / rural development sector or related areas.
- Practical knowledge of Spanish ( level C ) and intermediate knowledge of the English language ( level B ).
- Uruguayan national or foreigner with work visa
FAO core competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge exchange and continuous improvement
- Excellent writing and spelling.
- Desirable, postgraduate studies in areas related to the planned work.
- Experience in development and implementation of communication strategies, media management and dissemination campaigns.
- Knowledge and experience in managing digital communication: website and social network management.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, image editor, Web content management programs.
- Desirable experience in recording and editing audiovisual materials.
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. If you need help or have questions, contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the expiration of the application deadline will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from a teaching institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO website on employment: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/.
HOW TO APPLY Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT