Staff Communications. Representation of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) in Bolivia
Established in 1959, the Inter-American Development Bank (“ IDB ” or “ Bank ”) is the main source of financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. Provides loans, technical cooperations, guarantees, policy advice and technical assistance to the public and private sectors of their borrowing countries.
The IDB is one of the main strategic partners of the countries of the region to promote their development agendas. Strategic and proactive communications management is key to contributing to the institution’s positioning and advancing the business objectives of IDB offices in each country (representations). For this, the IDB Representation in Bolivia is looking for a professional with a degree in journalism, communication, marketing or related branches, with extensive and recognized experience in corporate communication or the press.
About this job:
We are looking for a communicator to provide strategic and technical advice in communications management to the IDB Representation in Bolivia, in collaboration with the Knowledge Department, Innovation and Communication (KIC) and the Management of Countries of the Andean Region, as well as in everything related to relations with the priority media and audiences in a timely, efficient and agile manner, in line with the Bank’s corporate identity.
This is what you will do:
Strategic communication and press management
- Under the leadership of the Representative and in coordination with KIC, and in line with the priorities set by the Vice Presidency of Countries (VPC) and the Department of Countries of the Andean Region prepare, implement and monitor compliance with a external and internal communication strategy.
- Support and / or coordinate the preparation and implementation of communication plans for the efficient and timely development of initiatives, projects and events open to the public, both of the IDB Group and events carried out by third parties and has the participation of the Group.
- Act as the focal point of media interaction of the country (radio, television, written press and digital media) in coordination with KIC and in accordance with the IDB Group’s communication processes, policies and guidelines, as well as keeping the contact database updated.
- Crisis management in coordination with VPC, KIC and with Management. Proactively identify and manage communicational risks and manage specific crises and develop messages.
Development of communication materials
- Write and edit press releases, video scripts, talking points, speeches, opinion pieces, blogs, newsletters and other materials that illustrate the scope, and the impact of representation activities.
- Generate content for the IDB’s corporate social networks (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter) regarding the IDB Group’s most outstanding activities in the country.
- Maintain a mapping of key actors and influencers of social networks and offline, which includes opinion leaders, academics, journalists and government officials.
- Coordination and management of the relationship with suppliers, such as communication agencies, graphic designers or audiovisual producers.
Accompaniment and advice
- Keep the Representative informed about events of the pa situation is and report in real time on relevant news that may affect the IDB in its objectives or operations.
- Monitor and analyze media coverage communication, preparing and sharing a summary of relevant news daily or as needed.
- Provide advice and support in executive communications regarding events, relationship with key actors where the Representation requests it, content development and social network management, in coordination with KIC, Country Management and the corresponding policies.
- Ensure that the IDB brand image (for example, logo, visual identity) is well represented in events, publications and other products and in all communication products that involve the Bank.
- Provide inputs and keep the intranet page of the country.
- Development of plans and / or tools internal communication , in coordination with other teams of the Representation, including the messages of the Representative / Manager.
This is what you need
- Education: Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in communications, marketing, international development or related field, preferably with an emphasis on media relations and journalism.
- Experience : Have at least 5 years of experience in the media, strategic communication and public relations agencies, communication offices of international entities.
- Languages : Spanish and English
- Continuous learning
- Collaboration, teamwork and knowledge sharing
- Focus on the client
- Communication and influence
- Innovation and creativity
- Coordination with corporate / central teams and regional / local offices.
The selected person must also have the following technical skills:
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Creative and narrative writing : Excellent writing skills, including experience in creating, editing, and correcting grammatical and spelling tests in a professional organization. Development of communication materials that summarize complex information that is reflected through powerful stories and narratives.
- Crisis management : Respond quickly and professionally to crises and issues, communicating the facts of the situation, as well as the IDB’s justification for a response.
- Management and evaluation of communication plans : Offer guidance regarding the roles, obligations and responsibilities of staff in communication projects to guarantee the achievement of the objectives of the program.
- Business acumen : Participate in meetings and forums with various business areas and functions to strategically support the IDB’s business objectives.
- Marketing : Increase the impact of the IDB brand on specific markets or with certain stakeholder groups.
- Citizenship: Bolivian
- Consanguinity: you have no family members ( up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including the spouse ) who work in the IDB Group.
Type of contract and duration:
- Type of contract and modality : Staff contract for local official
- Contract duration : 12 months initially, renewable by mutual agreement.
- Location : Bolivia
- Governance : You will work under the supervision of the Representative. Additionally, you will receive the guidance of the communications specialist of the Management and the focal point designated by KIC.
What we offer
The IDB Group offers benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package
- Licenses and holidays : 24 days of paid vacation + 8 personal days + sick leave + parental leave without distinction of gender.
- Health insurance : The IDB Group provides eligible employees and dependents with a robust medical benefit program that covers medical, dental, vision care, preventive care and prescription medications.
- Pension plan : predefined pension plan that provides financial security and helps employees plan for their future.
- Flexible and hybrid work schedules
- Health and Well-being: Access to our Health Services Center that offers employees preventive care and health education.
- Development support : We offer tools to improve your professional profile, such as mentoring, individualized professional advice, training and learning opportunities, language courses, mobility options, among others.
At the IDB Group, we work for all people who do their best and bring their true selves to work, are willing to try new approaches without fear, be held accountable for your actions and receive compensation for them.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and the Sense of Belonging (DEIB) are the pillars of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ +, people with disabilities, people of African descent and indigenous people to apply.
We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to request reasonable adaptations to complete this request.
Our Human Resources Team thoroughly reviews each request .
About the IDB Group
The IDB Group, made up of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), IDB Invest and IDB Lab, offers flexible financing solutions to its member countries to finance economic and social development through loans and subsidies to public and private entities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
About the IDB
The Inter-American Development Bank’s mission is to improve lives. Founded in 1959, the IDB is one of the main sources of long-term financing for the economic, social, and institutional development of Latin America and the Caribbean. The IDB also conducts cutting-edge research projects and offers policy advice, technical assistance, and training to public and private clients throughout the region.
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/inter-american-development-bank/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IADB.org Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_IDB
- External Opening Date: Oct 24, 2023
- External Closing Date: Nov 7, 2023
- External Contact Email: email@example.com
- External Contact Name: HR Service Center
- Job Field: Communications