Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN) is a registered national Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) with its head office in Kaduna. CCDRN partners with communities, philanthropists, government, and donors to provide sustainable community development services in conflict resolution, peacebuilding, humanitarian and early recovery, economic empowerment, agriculture, health, Nutrition, education, and governance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Manager
Location: Kaduna North, Kaduna
Employment Type: Full-time
- We need a highly experienced, dynamic individual with solid records in development communication to manage its advocacy and communications efforts.
- As a senior team member at the organization’s headquarters, the Advocacy and Communications Manager will ensure effective communication with all internal and external program stakeholders.
- He / she will be responsible for directing and coordinating the organization’s overall advocacy and communications efforts, which involve building and maintaining an effective working relationship with partners, donors, and communities in emergency and development contexts.
- The Advocacy and Communications Manager will work with the program department to develop and implement advocacy strategies for the different projects implemented by the organization.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Lead in the development of Advocacy and Communications strategies in liaison with the Programme and Knowledge Management teams
- Provide communications-specific advice to Senior Management based on routine risk assessments in the dynamic contexts
- Guarantee that all required support related to Advocacy and Communications is provided promptly, at scale, and in line with best practices
Media and Communications:
- Develop and implement communications strategies & work plans, campaigns, events, and other related initiatives
- Maintain contact with donors and partners for the implementation of communication activities within the agreed protocols and in line with donor requirements
- Lead on production of high-quality communication materials, such as success stories, fliers, banners, etc for different projects
- Support in building the capacity of CCDRN Staff and its partners on documentation and communication of CCDRN’s thematic areas.
- Ensure that the branding and communication guidelines of the CCDRN are uniformly and consistently followed across projects and locations
- Liaise with the state offices to ensure that all CCDRN communication materials are adequately signed off, following specific guidelines before they are published for external use
- Proactively produce high-quality, well-researched, and well-written products (in various mediums) reflective of the dual mandate portfolio, responding quickly and appropriately to external requests for information, especially in emergencies.
- Develop and deliver a clear and effective system for internal communications, including the production and dissemination of monthly newsletters and other publications for internal stakeholders
- Manage Media, Communications, and Advocacy teams; define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate reports regularly.
- Manage the organization’s social media handles by the specific guidelines
- Host the organization’swebsite by the specific guidelines and upgrade content regularly
- Prepare and disseminate press releases, updates, photos features, or human-interest stories -primarily for distribution externally (e.g., donors, the media, or other agencies)
- Maintain an up-to-date database of journalists and media organizations, respond to media inquiries on deadline, and build dialogue with individual journalists, editors, and news desks.
- Oversee the production of digital and multimedia communication content to promote different projects and activities
- Led the development and implementation of CCDRN’s advocacy strategy.
- Support programme leadership in articulating top-priority advocacy objectives in line with new partnerships or projects.
- Undertake a wide range of lobbying, communications, and other activities to inform and persuade policymakers, including donors and politicians, of the value of the CCDRN’s policy recommendations.
- Lead the process of development and implementation of advocacy objectives and initiatives, both short and long-term, encompassing a wide range of issues and audiences
- Develop advocacy materials such as fact sheets, policy briefs, and position papers targeting policy-makers and other relevant stakeholders
- Support programme leadership and other programme staff to achieve advocacy objectives. This should include guidelines on the meaningful and safe participation of women and children in advocacy.
- Ensure that advocacy priorities are integrated into appropriate strategy documents and plans
- Develop advocacy messages for stakeholders, including policy-makers across CCDRN projects and programs
- Act as CCDRN’s spokesperson on advocacy issues where appropriate and take part in relevant national and state-level policy / advocacy for a
- Develop policy positions and advocacy messages to reach decision-makers in targeted communities.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the line manage
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, PhDs / Doctorates with a minimum of 5 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
21st October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Please clearly indicate the Position and state it in the subject line of your mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal-opportunity employer and strongly encourage women to apply.