Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Heifer Project International is seeking qualified applicants for the following positions for an anticipated USAID-funded 5-year Feed the Future Nigeria Livestock Development Activity in Nigeria. The Activity will potentially explore practical, cost effective, and multi-stakeholder adaptation solutions to improve livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities in target states through: i) Improved agricultural productivity, livelihood and agroecosystem resilience through climate smart practices; ii) Improved ecological and environmental services and functions, including enhanced climate resilient water and other resource management and supply systems in vulnerable agropastoral communities; iii) Strengthened institutional capacity to reduce risks associated with climate-induced socio-economic losses and livelihood failures in the target states; and iv) Improved and productive livestock systems to improve food security and nutrition by (potentially) improving consumption of animal source/protein foods, providing income generation opportunities, and fostering mutual relationships among targeted households and communities. These positions are contingent upon funding and donor approval.
The Chief of Party (COP)will be responsible for the overall management and representation of the project. H/She will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the project and will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the donor and local government entities. H/She will also provide strategic leadership and supervision of sub-grantees and technical partners while ensuring the security, outcomes, and sustainability of the activity.
- Assumes overall leadership, strategy development, management oversight, and technical direction for the activity and subsequent interventions.
- Serves as primary liaison to USAID, implementing partners, host country governments, project stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors.
- Provides overall leadership and supervision of senior management team, technical and administrative staff, and sub-awardees.
- Responsible for the overall and direct implementation of project activities and liaises with project teams to ensure technical coordination.
- Leads the strategic engagement of the communities and local partners in program activities.
- Ensures that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate.
- Oversees program work planning, budget, performance management, monitoring and evaluation, and strategic communications.
- Identifies issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and appropriate program adjustments.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in international development work managing large (preferably $20 million and above) of similar scale in livelihood, agricultural development activities, with knowledge of resilience programming and livestock-related programming in the African context preferred.
- Master’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Animal Science, Business Administration, or International Development is required.
- At least five years of supervisory experience in building and effectively supervising a diverse team especially field-based work in a conflict-prone and/or active insurgency environment.
- Demonstrated, including problem solving skills, and capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative across activities while utilizing strong communication and interpersonal skills, with evidence of the ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, private sector, other activities, NGOs).
- Demonstrated management capacity to manage complex teams, leadership, decision making and interpersonal skills with host country government staff, local and donor counterparts, and other implementing partners to meet deadlines and deliver quality deliverables to meet objectives.
- Demonstrated understanding of USG rules and regulations is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Full professional proficiency in English is required.
How to apply
Please submit your application here: https://jobs.jobvite.com/heifer/job/oIT3jfwH