Tetra Tech International Development (International Development Jobs – Tetra Tech) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on a USAID-funded program in the Pacific Islands.
The goal of the Pacific Islands Regional Climate Finance Activity to improve adaptation and mitigation ability for regional bodies and national governments in the 12 countries of the Pacific Islands where USAID works (i.e., the Federated States of Micronesia [FSM], Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Republic of the Marshall Islands [RMI], Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu) by a) mobilizing climate finance and b) improved climate finance management. The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for leading all technical, financial, administrative and reporting aspects of the program and will coordinate closely with USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the Activity’s overall field strategy. The COP will be the principal link between USAID, key government counterparts, Tetra Tech, and other project stakeholders and provide overall strategic and technical guidance to subcontractors. The COP will provide comprehensive expert technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the program, including monitoring and evaluation, and reporting to USAID. This would be a full-time position and be based in Suva, Fiji for the full life of project (anticipated five years).
* Provide technical leadership and overall management of the activity, including supervision of both local and expatriate staff;
* Develop strategic objectives and ensure project compliance with USAID rules and regulations;
* Manage the activity’s implementation, including overall responsibility for personnel and efficient budgeting and financial management;
* Oversee technical activities of the activity and ensure that impact is achieving the results defined in the contract;
* Oversee, evaluate and document activity progress and lessons learned;
* Lead institutional engagement and coordination, collaboration and consultation with diverse stakeholders in the region, including government, donors, private sector entities, financial institutions and implementing agencies.
* Assume responsibility for overall USAID contract management ensuring quality control and timeliness of deliverables.
* Master’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline, such as economics, natural resource management, public policy, climate sciences, or international development.
* At least ten (10) years of experience in senior program management roles, preferably as Chief of Party or equivalent, including the direct supervision of technical and operations staff, oversight of large program budgets, and direct engagement of high-level government and program counterparts.
* Demonstrated experience implementing or managing climate change adaptation, climate finance, institutional capacity strengthening, or disaster risk management-focused donor-funded programs, with preference in the Pacific Islands or other island-based context.
* Proven track record of collaborating with a diverse array of stakeholders (including governments, the private sector, local organizations), and integrating social inclusion with women, youth, and other vulnerable populations.
* Strong familiarity with the environmental, economic, policy, social, and cultural context in the Pacific Islands region.
* Professional fluency (written, oral) in English required.
* Candidates (nationals) from the Pacific Islands are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To be considered, please submit the following:
· Cover Letter
· CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: https://bit.ly/3EEMbRh
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page or contact our Global Talent Operations team. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.