Job position- CCCM Officer Work location – Roving
Reporting to – Programme Manager Supervision of– CCCM Assistants and Monitors
General purpose of the position
Under the direct supervision of the CCCM Manager, Support project supervision and team management through the supervision of Camp Managers and CCCM Focal Points. Participate in general technical coordination (TWG) with government and relevant partners on CCCM issues at field and Maiduguri base level. Support Programme Manager with representation in the CCCM/Shelter/NFI sub-sector in the coordination forum. Keeps direct contact with the CCCM Programme Manager in Maiduguri and Protection Coordinator for technical support.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Liaise with relevant public authorities and services providers in order to foster effective collaboration and encourage national interest and ownership in protection of IDPs, refugees and other persons of concern;
- Support implementation of CCCM strategies including Out-of-Camp Area-Based Approach in all intervention locations in Borno state;
- Liaise with sector partners to assist with plans for service provision, sites planning, development of facilities such as shelter, WASH, waste disposal, etc to ensure plans for implementation are shared among partners and community members to avoid issues, delays and confusion among stakeholders;
- Conduct service monitoring across all sectors in the sites to share a holistic understanding of services and standards in the sites;
- Participate CCCM Coordination meetings together with Programme Manager and prepare updates for the PM attention prior to the coordination meetings;
- Conduct assessments of services and sectors, planned and ongoing field projects including overall assessment of sites conditions and population well-being, following the CCCM Strategy;
- Ensure – through clear weekly and monthly work plans – protection monitoring and field assessment activities are carried out in a timely, effective and technically sound manner;
- Support the collection of information/data about vulnerability, protection needs and concerns of the targeted population;
- Conduct follow-up monitoring visits to ensure that needs of beneficiaries are being met in an appropriate manner and beneficiary have the opportunity to provide feedback on the assistance they received;
- Support management of the projects’ operational, financial, and administrative priorities including planning and budgeting processes;
- Contribute to the development of project procurement plans in close collaboration with CCCM PM and Logistics Dept;
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of Project Appraisal Tool (PAT) for proper budget forecasting and expense planning;
- In collaboration the Safety and Security focal point and Head of Base, assess risks in the areas of project implementation and support the drafting of context specific CPP;
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisor, Programme Coordinator, Head of Mission and contribute to drafting of reports including flash updates, internal and donor reports;
- Promote a positive working environment and good team spirit among CCCM field team on one hand and with other teams on the other hand;
- Contribute to the development and update strategies for the sites, including “exit”/transition strategy for site closures and action plans;
- Performs additional tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of a diploma in a relevant course.
- Minimum 3 year of relevant experience in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Knowledge of the local languages spoken in the operation area is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relations with national staff members and other stakeholders.
- Experience living and working in cross-cultural, multi-sector, insecure, and/or remote environments.
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 6th June 2022 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival. INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert, if an applicant is accepted.