CBM (registered as CBM Christoffel-Blindenmission Christian Blind Mission e.V.) is an international development organisation for people with disabilities. For more than 100 years, it has been fighting based on Christian values in the world’s poorest regions to improve the quality of life of people who have a disability. It is committed to preventing disabilities. CBM’s aim is to break the cycle of poverty and disability in developing countries and to create a world in which people with disabilities have the same opportunities and rights as all others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CBID Coordinator
Job Type: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Support implementation partners and collaborative partners in the implementation of CBiD projects. This includes:
- Supporting detailed disability-inclusive program planning with implementing partners and other key stakeholders
- Strong Advocacy and collaboration with relevant stakeholders, including the governments on disability-inclusive development
- Provide coordination, technical and capacity-building support to partners in ensuring effective, timely and accountable programming;
Manage CBID project activities and budgets for which CBM are lead, including:
- Organize model CBID training workshops for national disability actors using learnings from CBID projects
- Organize disability-inclusive development (DID) training workshops for mainstream development stakeholders
- Link mainstream developmental actors with disability actors for shared planning and implementation
- Ensure that processes and procedures organizationally and at an individual project staff level, meet the project requirements for proper quality management and implementation of activities/interventions of the projects;
- Ensure that principles and practice of disability-inclusive development are woven through the design and implementation of the projects;
- Develop the capacity of Partners in various programme themes to promote CBMs programme approach and standards in child safeguarding, gender, disability and development, M&E, etc;
Relationship and Communication:
- Facilitate effective communication with CBM partners and stakeholders;
- Ensure effective representation of CBM in relevant technical forums and task forces, with donors and other key stakeholders;
- Organise visits of programmes/projects in Nigeria by CBM staff and donors;
- Ensure terms of reference for programmes/projects visits are prepared and approved;
- University Degree in Disability Studies, Rehabilitation Science, Psychology, Sociology, Development or other related Social Sciences field is required;
- A Master’s Degree/Relevant certifications will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of five (5) years of specific professional experience working in the area of disability inclusion; experience in CBID programming is an advantage;
- Prior project experience with international development organizations, particularly with transition programming, and/or programs that have both national and community-level engagement;
- Strong knowledge of safeguarding of children and adults at risk;
- Excellent writing skills and an ability to communicate clearly and respectfully
- Fluency in oral and written communication skills; particularly in the English language is a must.
- Understanding of Hausa is added advantage.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and other relevant project software.
- Developing Others
- Managing Performance
- Building Collaborative relationships
- Personal credibility
- Results Orientation.
What we offer
- A meaningful position with a lot of creative freedom in the world’s leading organisation in the field of Disability Inclusive Development
- A fair salary and other social benefits based on the local conditions in the country you apply for
- An approachable, agile organisation with self-reliant people in a diverse and collegial team and great team spirit.
Application Closing Date
3rd July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online