The ICT Area Officer is responsible for implementing and monitoring of ICT related tasks at Area office, in close coordination with ICT Manager in Turkey office.
The ICT Officer is responsible for the day to day operations and functionality of ICT services and to ensure no break-down of any of the vital and critical systems (Ex. internet access, e-mail services, OneDrive). The position holder is expected to maintain the CARE Turkey- Area office infrastructure and network (LAN, Wireless), as well as install and maintain CARE ICT required systems. This includes provide the required technical support as well as troubleshooting of related issues. S/he is responsible for administrating and maintaining the data security. S/he is expected to participate in ICT planning that would improve the ICT services in addition to the implementation of these plans.
The ICT Area officer will be administratively reporting to the Area operation coordinator as well as technically to ICT coordinator at CARE Turkey office.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibility #1 Responsible for providing the daily information technology support 40%
- Receives and responds to support requests. Troubleshooting software and hardware issues and change the tickets status in Digital Help Center.
- Prepares computers to new employees.
- Installs and maintains client hardware, software, and peripherals
- Provide technical support for user’s internet and network connectivity.
- Configure and maintain the users email, includes setup, software update, and participate administrating the Email Group, Users’ mailbox permission, delegation.
- Following Care Turkey ICT department instructions and guidelines to provide an efficient ICT support.
Job Responsibility # 2 Maintain the information technology assets (Hardware, Software, Systems) in good working conditions and distortion recovery. 20%
- With close coordination with Turkey office ICT Coordinator, make sure that users emails are properly configured and maintained, includes setup, software update and hotfix.
- Administrate the Network Users, Computers, and printers and security according to ICT Polices.
- Install and maintain office Internet and networks equipment.
- Understands and follows the information security policies.
- Analyze equipment performance records in order to determine the need for repair or replacement
- Participate and deploy Data Distortion Recovery Plan to protect the data from software/ Hardware distortion and ensure that the backup data is consistence and reliable to be restored when needed.
Job Responsibility # 3 Administrate the internet and network systems’ operations and security. Troubleshoot and support the users of these systems. 20%
- Configure network infrastructure (Internet routers, LAN and wireless network, Access Points, switches, Firewall, VOIP).
- Administrate and troubleshoot the internet and network problems and provide solutions.
- Administrate, monitor and maintain the firewall and antivirus.
- Provide support for network clients.
- Collaborates with ICT coordinator to ensure the efficient operation of the network environment.
Job Responsibility # 4 Explore potential entry/cooperation points with CO Departments and Programs 20%
- Monitor implementation of the ICT policies and instructions.
- Optimize use of ICT devices and provide the technical specifications for devices and software.
- Provide user’s orientation, technical practice, training one to one or courses.
- Contribute and help to improve the CO work performance using technology.
- Adheres to the organization policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and any relevant tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- A University degree in Computer Sciences and Engineering on any other relevant field.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Sciences and Engineering on any other relevant field.
- The position requires a minimum professional Three (03) years of experience in relevant field.
- Experience on network managements
- Two (2) years of experience on relevant field with an NGO or an INGO.
- Written and spoken Arabic and English Language skills is a must
- Very good knowledge of computer hardware and software systems.
- Very good knowledge of O365 and SharePoint.
- Experience in network and server management support.
- Good knowledge of Information management.
- Creative, and have good knowledge of digital automation and information analysis.
- Excellent management, organization and management, and training skills
- Excellent observation and analytical skills
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
How to apply
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post by using below application link.
Application Link: https://form.jotform.com/232921700604952
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply! *