Job Title : Call for interest – Digital Content Editor Spanish – 11 months Consultancy IFAD Rome
ID : 13130
Location : Italy
Date of issue : 05/16/2023
Close Date : 06/15/2023
Organizational Unit : Communications Division
Full/Part Time : Full-Time
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Assignment Duration : 6 months renewable
Grade : Organizational Setting
The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) , an international financial institution and specialized agency of the United Nations, was established as in 1977. IFAD is dedicated to eradicating rural poverty in developing countries . Over 70 per cent of the world’s poorest people – 1.4 billion women, children and men – live in rural areas and depend on agriculture and related activities for their livelihoods. IFAD’s overarching development goal is to invest in rural people to enable them to overcome poverty and achieve food security through remunerative, sustainable and resilient livelihoods. To achieve this goal, IFAD pursues three closely interlinked strategic objectives: to increase poor rural people’s productive capacities; increase poor rural people’s benefits from market participation; and strengthen the environmental sustainability and climate resilience of poor rural people’s economic activities.
The Communications Division (COM) leads implementation of IFAD’s Communication Strategy and acts variously as facilitator, partner and leader with regards to delivery of IFAD’s internal and external communication work. COM has a team of expert staff in media relations, video production, writing, publishing, web, social and other digital media, graphic design, visual identity, photography, brand management, and internal communication to meet IFAD’s communication priorities.
The Digital Content Editor – Spanish – will be responsible for managing the Spanish version of IFAD’s corporate website and IFAD’s global Spanish Twitter account.
– Duty Station: Rome
– Assignments Long-term consultancy
Key Functions and Results
Key results expected / Major functional activities
The main activities and results expected are: Web
- Coordinate, proof/fact-check, translate edit and rewrite submissions, (news, feature stories, landing page text, blogs etc.) for IFAD’s corporate website in Spanish, ensuring consistent copy style and messaging;
- Prepare web text in Spanish for posting, including selecting appropriate multimedia elements, writing photo captions, headlines and story descriptions, and finding related links;
- Schedule and coordinate website content flow in Spanish from across the Communications Division and other units within IFAD, giving high priority to regular homepage updates to create a timely and engaging experience;
- Use website analytics and make recommendations to adjust content and SEO in Spanish.
- Provide oversight and ensure quality control of posted content before, during and after the production process.
- Manage IFAD Twitter account in Spanish, by conceptualizing, copywriting, engaging, moderating;
- Work in close coordination with the social media team to provide and translate social media packages related to International Days, campaigns and key events/moments;
- Provide monthly reporting and analysis;
- Support with the translation of social media videos;
- Other duties as required.
Key Performance Indicators
Impact of Key results / Key performance indicators
The key performance indicators for Digital Content Editors consultants include:
- Deliver high-quality version of IFAD website in Spanish
- Update and implement a strategy for on-going audience engagement in Spanish
- Coordinate, proof/fact-check, edit and rewrite content submissions (blogs, news, feature stories, photo essays etc.) on a daily basis or as required during the period of the contract;
- Daily production and publication of social media quality content
- Run monthly website analytics and present recommendations for improvements, making adjustments as required during the period of the contract, in particular regarding content and SEO.
- Author monthly social media reporting analysis.
Representation / Work relationships
The Digital Content Editor – Spanish will be under the overall supervision of the Web and Social Media Lead and in close collaboration with the COM Social Media, Web Editorial, Web Production and Digital Language Teams
Job Profile Requirements
- Proficient Content Management Systems and SEO
- Familiar with web design, development tools and good understanding of requirements of standard bodies such as the World Wide Web Association.
- Good understanding of web management and good practices.
- Excellent knowledge of social media and how to use it for strategic communication.
- Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills. Proven ability to multitask and work successfully in a fast-paced environment, delivering desired results on deadline.
- Proven ability to generate innovative solutions.
Minimum recruitment qualifications
- Advanced University degree in Journalism, Communication, Social Sciences, computer sciences or other relevant field. The advanced university degree may be substituted by a first university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) plus at least four additional years of relevant professional experience, over and above the minimum number of years of experience as stipulated below.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in digital communication. Familiar with UN Spanish style.
- Experience in writing, translating and editing for international, digital audiences.
- Outstanding Spanish writing and editing skills
- Full command of English is essential
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Translation experience is a plus
Given the diverse technical nature of the assignments, IFAD is looking for consultants of varying ability above the minimum threshold stated.
Applicants to this call for interest will undergo a first level screening and those candidates meeting the minimum requirements will undergo a more in-depth assessment in order to be included in IFAD’s Consultants Roster. Inclusion in the roster is no guarantee of assignment.
Consultants are not considered staff of IFAD. This consultancy assignment does not carry any expectation of employment, extension or conversion to another type of contract with the Fund.