WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WHY WORK AT WFP?
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤ Make a difference the world will notice. We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
GLOBAL COMMUNITY ???? Build bridges that unite people across the world. Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives. How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES ???? Unlock possibilities you never thought you’d find. WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐ Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential. WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference Watch this video to know more about us!! Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mzGbaRAhz8&feature=youtu.be
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies, and working with communities in more than 100 countries to improve nutrition and build resilience. To support this mission, WFP Fleet Centre in Dubai, UAE, is mandated to centrally manage WFP’s light and armoured vehicle fleet leasing, fleet management and systems support, insurance cover, vehicle disposal, and advanced driver training services, to enable effective, safe, and efficient fleets in all WFP offices globally. The job holder will be accountable for ensuring timely and effective handling of FMS support requests from country offices, maintaining high data quality standards through regular analysis, and taking corrective actions, reconciling FMS data among all relevant WFP systems, preparing performance reports with clear KPIs, verifying and updating all essential FMS records, providing ongoing support to Fleet center management, country offices and regional bureaus.
JOB TITLE: Business Support Associate (Fleet Systems Data Management)
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Service Contract (SC)
JOB LEVEL: SC 6
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Dubai, UAE
DURATION: 12 months with a possibility of extension
SALARY: Salary starts from AED 18,596.09 per month plus medical insurance.
This position is based in the WFP Fleet Centre, Dubai, reporting to the Fleet Systems & Fleet Optimization Officer under the Fleet Management Unit. Within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible the Fleet Systems Data Management and will be accountable for the following duties: KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Ensure all FMS support requests from country offices are handled timely and effectively
- Ensure the FMS data quality (completeness, accuracy, and timeliness) is maintained at highest standard by running monthly FMS data quality analysis to identify issues and take corrective actions to resolve issues
- Ensure that recurrent data quality concerns are addressed with methodical changes and proper root cause investigation
- Ensure FMS data are reconciled on monthly basis among all fleet management and other relevant WFP data management systems (GEMS)
- Prepare a monthly FMS Support performance report with clear KPIs that shows the promptness and effectiveness of the FMS support using effective tracking tools
- Responsible for the creation, updating, and archiving of FMS data records such as assets, drivers, employees, FMS users, tanks, pumps, locations, and suppliers including uploading bulk records as needed
- Attend in regular FMS improvement meetings with Global Fleet and contribute improvement ideas, prepare business requirements as needed, and follow up the implementation of the new system improvement initiatives.
- Ensure effective coordination with other units, MSD branches and Global Fleet system team to align activities and maximize collaboration in the digitalization’s and corporate system integration.
- Verify and update all essential documents and records prior to the monthly cost transfer to ensure that FMS data, such as vehicle lease costs, carbon tax, self-insurance, and overhead costs, are accurate and up to date.
- Take an active role in the development and delivery of FMS training materials, including e-learning and face-to-face training, and deliver remote or face-to-face FMS training to CO fleet management teams if required.
- Provide ongoing support to Fleet center management, country offices and regional bureaus on fleet management systems reporting and analysis
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor related to Fleet Systems.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area. University degree in Business, Information systems/Technology or Engineering desirable. Experience:
- Six or more years of experience on fleet management systems.
- Experience on data analysis and/or database management.
- Ability to understand WFP business and field operational objectives.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong knowledge and skills in Fleet management systems (Preferably FleetWave)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Strong skills in Excel and other data visualization and management software.
- Skills in Enterprise Resource Planning software (e.g. SAP) are desirable.
- Strong knowledge of WFP corporate systems and tools in Administration is desirable.
Languages: Fluency in English (proficiency/level C) is required. Other UN language (English, French, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Spanish) would be an asset.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only those candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
26 May 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.