Job Identification : 11420
Locations : La Paz, Bolivia
Posting Date : 12/06/2023, 11:28 PM
Apply before : 06/20/2023, 03:59 AM
Job Schedule : Full time
Agency : UNDP
Vacancy Type : National Personnel Service Agreement
Practice Area : Health
Bureau : Regional Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean
Contract Duration : 1 year
Education & Work Experience : Bachelor’s Degree – 4 year ( s ) experience OR High School certificate- 7 year ( s ) experience
Other Criteria : Bachelor with 7 years of experience or Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of experience
Required Languages : Fluency in Spanish ( spoken and written )
Desired Languages : Intermediate level of the English Language
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Description Office / Unit / Project
The United Nations Development Program ( UNDP ) supports the strengthening of national and sub-national capacities in Bolivia and promotes the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals ( ODS ) the human rights and gender equality, through technical assistance to achieve sustainable human development through the closing of gaps so that no one is left behind. UNDP forges partnerships with all levels of society to help build nations that can resist the crisis; promotes and sustains a type of growth that improves the quality of life for everyone. Present on the ground in some 170 countries and territories, it offers a global perspective and local knowledge at the service of individuals and nations.
UNDP was designated as the primary recipient of the Tuberculosis, Malaria and HIV Program Funds, which are administrators through the Project Executing Unit – Global Fund.
Through the Project Unit, UNDP seeks to promote compliance with the aforementioned projects and establish as a basis on which strategies to fight poverty are built, reducing the vulnerability of the population and developing the core activities of the Bolivian national economy.
UNDP has been the Principal Recipient of these resources since 2006, where it has initially been elected by the Country Coordination Mechanism and the Global Fund as a Transitory for Malaria diseases, Tuberculosis and HIV / AIDS. Starting in 2007 after stabilizing the three grants, the Global Fund decides to transfer responsibility for the primary recipient of HIV to the HIVOS / IBIS foundation.
The last country proposal sent by the Bolivian CCM, merges two components into one TB and HIV, so after a selection process, UNDP Bolivia is designated as the main recipient of this proposal for the period 2023-2025.
Scope of Work
Under the direct supervision of the National Coordinator of the Thematic Area of Health & Development or whoever delegates, the holder of the position ( Associate/a Supply Chain ) will lend its functions to the Project assigned in all related areas, focusing on achieving the following activities and / or results:
- Design and effectively monitor the Plan for the purchase of medicines, supplies and reagents for its implementation by national entities related to the resources of the Global Fund in its HIV components, TB and malaria. Coordinate with the contracted SRs regarding the monitoring, inventory and distribution planning of inputs ( Condoms and others ). Monitor the budget, costs, and quantities of medications, supplies, and reagents in coordination with the financial administrative officer.
- Coordinate with the HIV, TB and Malaria areas of the Ministry of Health and Sports, referring to the purchase plan for medicines, supplies and reagents approved for the ( Purchase Planning grant, times, logistics operator coordination and others ). Coordinate and accompany MSyD in the actions implemented in the area of supply management for HIV, TB and / or malaria according to its national regulations.
- Prepare, review and track supply information ( Procurement report to PQR ) in ( PUDR ) to present to the Global Fund at defined times. Monitor, monitor and evaluate the Logistics Operator ( Distribution, storage, delivery times, etc. ). Coordinate and follow up on the customs dispatch agent regarding the customs clearance processes.
- Prepare and review the information in the supply management area as required by different instances ( FM, ALF, MCP, MSD-PNEI, WHO, PAHO, UNAIDS, HIVOS or others ). Support, prepare and participate in the periodic reviews carried out by the ALF of the grant information, as required. Preparation of sheets and start of the procurement processes of the grant. Prepare TDRs for consultancies related to the supply management area as required.
- Review the inventory information of the drugs, supplies and reagents together with the OPL, MSD and RP and send the corresponding feedback according to agreed times. Plan, periodically monitor with the RP team the grant POA and keep your area grant information on the intranet up to date according to the agreed frequency.
- Maintain a track of supply management: Selection. Participate and support drug therapy committees in the review and updating of national guidelines regarding the definition of ARV, reactive drugs and supplies used in the response to HIV, also in the update of therapeutic guides and / or TB and Malaria standards that determine the selection of health products for the Country response to TB and Malaria. Programming. Participate and support the MSD in the quantification of annual needs for medicines, reagents and supplies destined for the national response of HIV, TB and / or malaria. Acquisition. Perform the technical part of UNDP procurement and procurement management, as well as technical assistance in MSD procurement management. Reception and storage.Tracking the logistics operator to comply with good reception and storage practices includes information management with Kardex and inventories. Distribution. Coordinate with the MSD ( component HIV, TB and / or malaria ), SR and OL, the distribution and monitoring notes of transport and delivery at the established times. Rational use. Monitoring of the use of protocols, and rationality of the use of a health product as established in national regulations. and rationality of the use of health product as established in national regulations. and rationality of the use of health product as established in national regulations.
- Stay up-to-date with information on novel technologies for monitoring and proper implementation of the response to HIV, TB and / or malaria ( Includes WHO, PAHO, FM, IAS, etc. technical documents.) and support other activities that are assigned by your supervisor.
The Supply Chain Associate will report to the National Coordinator of the UNDP Health and Development Theme Area and will work under the supervision of the Global Fund Health Advisor and/o Health M&E Specialist, will coordinate work with the project’s technical and administrative team and with the project’s national counterpart.
Basic behavioral competencies – Level 1
- Get Results: Plan and monitor your own work, pay attention to detail, and deliver quality work on schedule.
- Thinking Innovatively: It is open to creative ideas / known risks, it is pragmatic in problem solving, it makes improvements.
- Continuously learning: Open and curious mind, share knowledge, learn from mistakes, ask for feedback.
- Adapt with Agility: Fits change, constructively manages ambiguity / uncertainty, is flexible.
- Act with Determination: Show drive and motivation, you are able to act calmly in the face of adversity, you have self-confidence.
- Participate and Associate: Show compassion / understanding towards others, establish positive relationships.
- Facilitate Diversity and Inclusion: Appreciate / respect differences, be aware of unconscious prejudice, confront discrimination.
Transversal and Technical Competences
Theme Area – Name – Definition
- Business development – Knowledge generation:
- Ability to investigate and convert information into useful, context-relevant or responsive knowledge.
- Business Administration – Project Management:
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific objectives.
- Business Administration – Risk Management:
- Ability to identify and organize actions around proactive risk mitigation and management.
- 2030 Agenda: People – Health:
- Provision of non-medical requirements in the health sector
- Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria ( GFATM )
Minimum requirements for the NPSA
Minimum Academic Requirements
- Bachelor of Humanities
- Bachelor of Biochemistry will be considered favorably but it is not a requirement
- Master’s or Postgraduate degrees in Logistics or Pharmaceutical Management and / or Pharmacovigilance and / or Supply Management ( desirable )
Minimum years of relevant experience
- Minimum 7 years ( with a Bachelor of Humanities degree ) or 4 years ( with a Bachelor’s degree ) in the management of Supplies, reagents and medications
- Proven experience in Management, planning and monitoring in the area of medications will be valued
- Specific experience in the area of infectious diseases ( TB or HIV / STIs ) will be evaluated
- Experience in International cooperation projects will be valued
- Experience as a facilitator ( a ) of Health workshops on specific topics of infectious diseases ( TB or HIV / ITS ) is desirable
- Very good communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent analytical and synthesis capacity
- Ability to write manuals, guides, protocols, terms of reference, analytical reports, and working documents related to the project
- Ability to handle sensitive information
- Teamwork ability and aptitude for interpersonal relationships, including with leaderships and international organizations
- High sensitivity for work with the highest risk population ( Men who have sex with men, Trans Women, Women sex workers and people with HIV )
Skills desired in addition to the skills mentioned in the Competences section:
- High level of organization and initiative
- Software, internet, office and Windows applications management
- Writing documents or reports, manual guides or protocols in relation to the project
- Drafting of documents or reports of prospective short-term analysis
- Drafting of reports of analysis of the situation in relation to the project
- Substantive and commented review of guides, manuals or protocols and / or concept notes
Language ( s ) required ( s )
- Fluency in Spanish ( spoken and written ), required
- Intermediate level of the English Language ( desirable )
UNDP reserves the right to request physical verification documentation from applicants who qualify for the last stage or the winner of the selection process
Important applicant information
All posts in the NPSA categories are subject to local recruitment. Candidates selected pursuant to this vacancy may be subject to UNDP’s policy on Probation upon assignment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience, and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a request for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.