Finance – Strategy, Planning & Control
Posting End Date
Financial Accounting is one of the Bank’s three accounting specialist teams, dedicated to maintaining the financial records for both the Bank and the Donor Funds administered by the Bank. We are committed to building a strong talent pipeline to meet our ongoing needs. We believe that building a diverse and inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives drives innovation.
If you are interested in becoming a part of our talent pool, ensuring that your profile is considered for upcoming vacancies in our Accounting department, please see more details below and apply.
As an Accounting Associate in our diverse team, you will play a crucial role in managing financial reporting for the Bank, encompassing debt, equity, and expenses sections of management and external reporting. Your contributions will directly impact our mission to foster economic development and promote sustainability.
- Prepare sections of the year-end financial statements, ensuring accurate disclosures and notes within tight deadlines. Additionally, contribute to periodic internal financial management reporting.
- Stay updated on the latest IFRS accounting standards and assess their impact on the Bank’s financial statements. Ensure that the Bank’s accounting policies are up-to-date and consistent with IFRS.
- Thoroughly investigate and inspect data according to established procedures, identifying and quantifying potential accounting postings required.
- Maintain accurate and timely accounting and reporting systems, files, and other records.
- Review transactions booked in front office systems to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.
- Provide advice to internal clients regarding relevant financial products or transactions, collaborating with internal and external auditors.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s Internal Controls Framework and contribute to the development of procedures.
- ACA or equivalent qualification.
- Fluent in English
- Experience with statutory financial accounts preparation or audit experience on financial statements.
- Experience of accounting in financial services or commodity trading industry sectors.
By submitting your application, you will be proactively expressing your interest in working at EBRD. While we may not have an immediate opening, your submission will be carefully reviewed and considered for future positions that match your qualifications.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.