We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV. It is an organization built on strong core values, we believe strongly in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership and partnerships.
We need an individual who is committed, audacious, accountable, passionate with strong core values to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices in the capacity below:
Job Title: Associate Director, Evaluation and Surveillance
Job Code: SI002
Grant Duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide oversight and support strengthening of SI systems for data collection, collation, cleaning, analysis and utilization for program monitoring to support predictive analysis
- Facilitate processes for systematic follow up of relevant stakeholders on agreed upon system corrections, adjustments and actions, informing and strategizing with the QA and multidisciplinary teams.
- Provide technical support for the implementation of the organization, USG and GON quality evaluation activities including implementation research and outcome evaluation
- Provide technical support for the implementation of the organization, USG and GON surveillance activities including HIV Mortality, Recency and Case Based Surveillance Initiatives.
- Provide leadership to the team in the development of information sharing platforms with multiple applications to improve coordination and knowledge sharing including the production of analytical summaries: graphs, charts, tables, narratives and appealing visuals, as requested, to fulfill internal and external reporting requirement need.
- Lead implementation of project surveys, special studies, including operations research and evaluations.
- Provide technical oversight for the implementation and monitoring of quality improvement plans including use of outcomes of change ideas.
- Coordinate development of data analysis plan for evaluations and studies including trainings on data analysis.
- Facilitate use of up to date analytical tools and software including STATA, SAS, R, and Python for routine and targeted data analysis.
- Manage and lead the development of appropriate quality improvement, research and survey reports as required for systems improvement.
- Provide support in the optimization of systems for tracking workplan implementation and outcomes.
- Coordinate surveillance activities across supported states through clearly documented processes and network of points of contacts.
- Serve as liaison for surveillance and survey activities to GON and other relevant stakeholders.
- Lead collaboration with the CQI team at HQ and states to implement best practices for systems optimization using outcomes of SIMS and PSS.
- Drive development of publications including abstracts, scientific papers, and manuscripts.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- University Degree Medical, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Computer Science, Public Health or any related field.
- A minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar position with Local or International NGOs; preferably in Care and treatment, reproductive health and related public health interventions.
- Experience with DHIS, NDR, NMRS and DATIM reporting
- Good knowledge and understanding of the National PMM tools
- Good Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, STATA, SAS and Access required
- Knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement, SIMS, and Cohort Analysis
- Experience with data form design, collection, data entry and data reporting
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team
- Ability to analyze and interpret large amount of data including surveillance data
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
16th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME; e.g. Associate Director, Evaluation and Surveillance SI002 – Abuja, CLEMENTINA OGBEH.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received
- Females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply.