Job Announcement : 26/May/2023
Date of cancellation of publication : 20/Jul/2023, 21:59:00
Organizational Unit : FLCHI
Type of position : Temporary work
Requisition Type : PSA (Personal Service Agreements)
Grade Level: N/A
Main location : Chile-Santiago
Duration: 11 renewable months
Post Number : N/A
_ FAO strives for gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and international consultants, in order to best serve the Organization’s Member Nations in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of gender, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of underrepresented or unrepresented Member States and people with disabilities who possess the necessary qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- All people who work for FAO are held to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, has a policy of zero tolerance for conduct inconsistent with its statute, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All successful candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Administrative support will work at the FAO Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean (RLC), in Santiago, Chile.
The Organization will contract with a to provide experience, skills and knowledge for specific initiatives that are short-term in nature, ranging from a few days or weeks to a maximum of 11 months. The possibility of extension is subject to satisfactory performance and based on the resources and needs of the Organization. Assignment may involve full or part-time duties.
The administrative support will work under the general supervision of the unit leader in conjunction with various relevant actors in the Organization.
Field of specialization
Business administration, public administration, bilingual executive assistant, accounting, logistics management, translation
Tasks and responsibilities
The administrative support will be in charge of executing various administrative tasks, focusing on the following main tasks:
- Complete documents, create and update databases, update and follow up on minutes, among others
- Support in the writing (English and Spanish) of letters, emails and various communications
- Support in the management of the agenda, coordination of meetings and interviews
- Participate in the organization of workshops and meetings, including sending invitations, room reservations and external spaces, travel coordination, preparation of materials, among others.
- Participate in selection processes and prepare the respective reports
- Gestionar las contrataciones y renovaciones de contratos de consultores de la Unidad y otros requeridos para eventos/programas/proyectos especiales, aplicando las políticas corporativas relevantes
- Gestionar los requerimientos necesarios para los viajes de la Unidad, incluyendo procesamiento de autorizaciones de viajes, pasajes aéreos, seguros y reembolsos de viaje, entre otros.
- Asistir a los colegas de la Unidad en tareas administrativas como cotizaciones y compras, monitoreo, control y archivo de información interna, redacción de minutas y seguimiento de diversos temas, entre otros.
- Apoyar en la elaboración del presupuesto anual y llevar un control de los gastos anuales en línea con el presupuesto.
- Gestionar los procesos de adquisiciones bajo las modalidades corporativas, incluyendo el control de pagos de productos y servicios
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- completed secondary education
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in administrative activities
- Native/advanced knowledge of Spanish (level C) and practical knowledge of English (level B)
- National of Chile or with work permit in the country
FAO Core Competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Desirable – Native/advanced knowledge of English (level C)
- Desirable – Practical (level B) or advanced (level B) knowledge of French
- Desirable – Practical (level B) or advanced (level B) knowledge of Portuguese
- Desirable – Technical degree or diploma in business administration, public administration, bilingual executive secretary, logistics management, accounting, translation, human resources, or related areas
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all, and integrity and transparency.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have questions, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the application submission deadline has expired will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider degrees or academic credentials obtained at an educational institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For all other questions visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/.
HOW TO APPLY Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMEN