Global Rights Compliance
Global Rights Compliance (GRC) is an international human rights law and development firm based in the Hague, committed to promoting international law, particularly international humanitarian law (IHL) and human rights. Our BHR team works on a number of projects globally, in collaboration with governments to strengthen the regulatory environment, with businesses to raise their standards and with civil society organisations (CSOs) and communities to build capacity on access to remedy for human rights violations.
We are looking for a candidate to support our Pakistan Project Director with administration in order to assist with project delivery. This is a role within an innovative team to work on an impactful human and labour rights project in Pakistan.
- Assist the Project Director with day-to-day project administration.
- First point of contact for general and monthly reimbursement enquiries.
- Assisting with the organisation of GRC training programmes: assisting with preparation, planning and logistics. Liaising with venues; collating materials; communicating with participants; and speaker itineraries.
- Documentation and monitoring tool management: general support, such as collating paralegal feedback for review by the rest of the GRC Pakistan project team; reviewing paralegal performance via case log derived from the App.
- Assisting the Head of BHR and Project Director with ad hoc tasks and work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 0 – 2 years of administrative experience in rights-based projects;
- some understanding of project management in an NGO setting.
- understanding of financial reporting processes in an NGO setting.
- is educated to degree level (BS or equivalent) in any subject, with knowledge of business and human rights laws and regulations on national and regional levels;
- is fluent in English and Urdu;
- has a high level of IT skills including experience in using the Microsoft Office package, including SharePoint and Teams.
- able to work on their own initiative and with limited supervision, without requiring detailed guidance to get started but who can be given the desired outcome and figure out the action areas required to reach it;
- able to work in a multicultural team, working towards a common goal and respectful of differentiating working approaches;
- who is flexible, versatile, and creative and able to work in a changeable & fast-moving environment;
- with a proactive character, suggesting solutions and approaches, anticipating problems, and foreseeing potential challenges;
- administratively competent; able to manage competing urgent demands.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 30th of November indicating the position you are applying for in the email subject. Please be informed that only candidates who speak Urdu and English will be considered for the position.