Administrative Assistant for Procurement & Shipping(SSA/G6)
( 2308147 )
Grade : No grade
Contractual Arrangement : Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days) : 4 months
Job Posting: Sep 5, 2023, 9:19:40 AM
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Country Management Support Unit (CSU) contributes to WHO Kenya Country Office three strategic priorities: achieving universal health coverage, addressing health emergencies, and promoting healthier populations. These priorities are aligned with the WHO’s Thirteenth General Programme of Work (GPW13), which sets the strategic direction for the organization for 2019-2023 and has three enabling functions: leadership, governance and advocacy; organizational effectiveness and efficiency; and measurement, learning and innovation.
The CSU provides support to clusters and staff to fully assume their responsibilities to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision of Operations Officer, the incumbent is expected to provide, efficient procurement, shipping and logistical services, in consistency with WHO rules and regulations.
The Administrative Assistant will provide full range of procurement and shipping services covering all end-to-end processes to be implemented in and outside GSM. He/she will ensure efficient, cost-effective and transparent utilization of resources.
Broad guidance is provided by supervisor or other professional staff or through general objectives and instructions regarding resource allocation, clusters/programmes needs and priorities.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Draft and type routine correspondence and documents relating to shipping activities in accordance with standard office procedures.
- Prepare donation certificate for signature and filed receipted files
- Ensure that copies of purchase orders, shipping documents and receiving reports are dispatched to concerned Project Managers.
- Check the delivery status, receipt status, payment status, supplier’s information and generate internal copy of Purchase Order in GSM.
- Maintain and update records related to shipping documents/receiving reports, claim documents and insurance.
- Initiate financial commitment document in the GSM (ERP)for payments to supplier
- Review and analyze information contained in quotations or proposals from suppliers as required by WHO rules.
- Track the status of requisitions and updates procurement tracker.
- Respond to Requestors and Suppliers enquiries about status of orders, charges, and cancellations.
- Assist in the management of LTAs signed by the office and ensures they are evaluated and renewed timely.
- Communicate regularly with suppliers regarding WHO rules and procedures on invoices payment and VAT exemptions.
- Initiate purchase requisitions in the GSM (ERP).
- Support emergency project implementation as regards procurement of supplies and commodities
- Carry out any other related tasks as may be assigned by the Supervisor or any other delegated authority
Essential: Completion of Secondary education or Equivalent Technical training or Commercial education with specialization in Procurement, Shipping & Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field
Desirable : Diploma/ Higher Education in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, will be an added advantage
Experience: At least three years’ experience in Procurement/Supply Chain Management, Shipping, Logistics, at the national and international NGO/UN Agencies.
- Sound knowledge of the principles, practice, business processes and techniques in Procurement/Supply Chain
- Ability to collect, analyze and make sound recommendations for decision making
- Ability to monitor and communicate progress, write concise reports regarding procurement and shipping activities
- Organization and Planning Skills
- Good understanding of Procurement rules and business processes
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate tasks to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Producing Results
- Ensuring effective use of resources
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Use of Language Skills
Essential : Expert knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of WHO working language
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/ . Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a General Service (GS-6) Position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.