Position Title: Accountant
Job classification: Ungraded
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term-Ungraded
Salary: Php 42 000 per month net of taxes (All-inclusive Salary)
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Accounting Supervisor and overall supervision of the RAS National Accounting Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible to provide assistance to the Regional Accountants on the review of Project Financial Reports and review of Office accounts as may be assigned to ensure compliance with IOM’s overall accounting regulations, rules, policies and procedures.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Project Financial Report Review and Endorsement
- Support the review of project financial reports to verify compliance with donor agreement (budget, interest, funding, etc.) and reports are reconciled with PRISM Financials prior to donor submission;
- Facilitate timely endorsement of project financial reports received to ensure that reporting deadlines and requirements by Donors are satisfied;
- Provide guidance and assistance to COs on financial reporting requirements to donors if necessary (e.g. application of rules, calculation of interest);
- Coordinate with other departments (MFS sub units, ROs, ACO, International Development Fund, etc.) to ensure conformity with specific donor reporting requirements;
- Verify compliance with donor reporting checklist;
- Maintain statistics of donor financial reports received and endorsed.
- Assist Regional Accountants in the review of month end balances of Offices to remind RMO/finance staff on the completion of month-end procedures and coordinate exceptions noted;
- Monitor and assist in the clearance of suspense accounts and completeness of payroll posting;
- Assist Regional Accountants in monitoring timely receipt and completeness of monthly accounts submission package;
- Assist with the review of monthly accounts submission package of Offices to ensure compliance with established standards and coordinate exceptions noted with COs;
- Input cash and bank data in PRISM to ensure complete and timely information as regards to cash and bank reconciliation status of Offices.
- Perform other accounting functions as may be required.
- University degree in Finance or Accounting or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant professional experience;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent is an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of accounting systems and/or SAP;
- Experience in audit an advantage;
- Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office applications;
- Knowledge in internal controls and accounting principles;
- Knowledge in accounting and financial reporting system of IOM is an advantage;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 02 February 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/dr-0282022-dr-0282022-accountant-ungraded-manila-global-administrative-centre-mac
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.