Youth Technology Consultant, 191.5 days (during 9 months), Beirut, Lebanon
Job no: 562522
Position type: Consultant
Location: Lebanon Division/Equivalent: Amman(MENA)
Department/Office: Beirut, Lebanon
Categories: Adolescent Development
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, innovation
The Youth Programme Technology Consultant, under the supervision of the Chief of Youth and Adolescents Section, is expected to support UNICEF Lebanon’s YAD section by providing expertise, technical knowledge, staff support, and other related technical knowledge and advisory when required in addition to systems management necessary to the digital learning solutions, EdTech, and product/ Youth Platform in terms of possible maintenance and additional required development.
The selected candidate will provide overall guidance and advice to the selection in relation to digital learning solutions and will support the implementation of the various platforms. As such, the incumbent will be the focal point of the Youth Program to liaise with partners, with tech companies, and key stakeholders.
Scope of Work
1) Provide technical and operational support to obtain digital context services on the FORASTECH digital employment platform including the youth reporting one and manage the coordination with partner ensuring the product vision.
- Ideate on potential solutions and lead on prototypes, if possible, of FORASTECH
- Define the leverage vs. Build approach.
- Maintain the business flow of the system after gathering a clear business requirement and set of objectives
- Maintain the product roadmap with outcomes, broad timeframes, and themes.
- Support the implementing partner on the development of the Minimum Viable product (MVP) and ver. 1 of the solution
- Maintain process documentation for the MVP1st and ver.1, including tech development, user stories, technology stack and digital infrastructure, review, user acceptance, and Content development.
- Support the implementing partner with approval of final release and product transfer.
- Ensure quality assurance in the technology development and make it efficient and effective as per UNICEF quality standards.
2) Lead the discussion with the tech companies, WB and FM related to the provision of digital skills training and content that will be delivered on the employment platform.
- Attend meeting with tech companies, the WB, and the implementing partner, and create short term deliverables out of the minutes.
- Understand the system learning model vs. opportunities and propose training courses and learning paths.
- Translate business objectives into developmental goals and training activities.
- Expertise with a variety of learning formats; whether that is an interactive e-learning course, engaging video, or any other learning intervention and organize trainer sessions for local training teams.
- Develop and implement a scaling plan for the tech training that will be on the platform.
- Support in identifying the required skills bank, training, and providers to secure jobs for young people.
- Support on finalizing the criteria of the courses that will be implemented in the platform (entry level digital skills, intermediate level digital skills and advanced level training).
- Disseminate all related information, objectives and milestones, procedures, action points etc. with the Chief of Youth Section as well as relative IM focal points.
3) Support the YAD section with IM functions in collaboration with Planning, Monitoring and Information and Technology for Development Units:
- Maintain desired reporting Platform for the programme through designing proper measures and KPIs
- Data collection, compilation, and analysis: Youth/IM platform
- Collaborate with the Youth partners, and the section, PRIME and T4D to define reporting needs for the section and ensure that the youth platform or relevant platform is adapted to be fit for purpose.
- Support the section for needs related to data collection, quality assurance and clearances prior to dissemination, ensure consistency in data collection across the programmes within the section using relevant data sources.
- Ensure that all data reported to Youth Platform is uploaded to ActivityInfo Reporting System on Monthly Basis
- Support UNICEF gap analyses in accordance with official data sources, including information disaggregated by age, sex and vulnerable groups using NeuroDB
- Validate partners’ Results compared their respective Logframe on monthly basis
- Monitor partner compliance to UNICEF data management system and reporting mechanism and data.
- Provide clear and concise data visualization products (e.g. maps, visualizations, dashboards, info- graphics and financial/resource analyses) to UNICEF and partners when needed
- Perform mapping exercises of Active PDs Locations vs locations of real interventions.
Information exchange and dissemination:
- Support in enhancing features and functions of existing Youth Platform and in the development of new effective analytical modules in coordination with T4D team
Document and store all IM Youth products properly on th Lebanon Content Management system (ECM) in specific folders. And contribute to the office corporate requirements as per the Internal Information Management reference group arrangements.
4) Lead on IM function for the section
- Provide technical leadership and support the section to ensure that the section data are consistent and harmonized.
- Represent the YAD section on the IM reference group, which meets monthly
- Support with the review and reorganization of the shared folders within the section, ensuring information is stored easily and that is readily accessible by the section
- Support the section with timely and accurate data for reporting including donor reports, presentations, RAM, CSI, gen u reporting etc etc
- Supporting the section with aob related to platform development and design.
- Ensuring U-report is connected with the relevant platforms developed.
How can you make a difference?
Provide technical and operational support to obtain digital context services on the digital employment platform.
The ForasTech platform will be live and accessible by 25000 youth.
(From July 2023 until mid-September 2023)Lead the discussion with the tech companies, on the provision of digital skills training and content that will be delivered on the ForasTech platform.
- The program integration of 4 tech companies will be on the ForasTech platform.
- Certified training to 3000 youth in Lebanon and 25000 youth will access the platform.
(From mid-September 2023 till end of November 2023)Support the YAD section with IM functions in collaboration with Planning, Monitoring and Information and Technology for Development Units.
- To have on youth reporting platform where 18 partners can add their target on monthly basis.
- b. To monitor the progress of 18 partners and the reporting
(From December 2023 until end of February 2024)
Lead on IM function for the section.
- All international managers to know how to use the reporting platform and extract data.
(By end of March 2024)To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s ) in ICT, technology or any other related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience in technology.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Extensive experience in designing and facilitating digital learning solutions and designing skill frames based on tech-centered approach.
- Experience in system and content integration and using APIs to call information from different platforms.
- Knowledge of learning principles, learning style theory, participatory methods, instructional design, appreciative inquiry, whole systems thinking, and related topics.
- Experience in designing and delivering learning activities.
- Experience in designing storyboards for e-learning, LMS platform, videos, and animations.
- Experience in market tech-solutions and digital modules certifications.
- Undergraduate or advanced university degree in a relevant field- preferably data-related.
- fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with diverse stakeholders (written and oral).
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven with strong organizational skills and the ability to perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a limited timeframe.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in team settings.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a fast-moving and multicultural team.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability, and Sustainability (CRITAS).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
UNICEF offers reasonable accommodation for consultants/individual contractors with disabilities. This may include, for example, accessible software, travel assistance for missions or personal attendants. We encourage you to disclose your disability during your application in case you need reasonable accommodation during the selection process and afterwards in your assignment.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. Selected candidates are subject to confirmation of fully-vaccinated status against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO)-endorsed vaccine, which must be met prior to taking up the assignment. It does not apply to consultants who will work remotely and are not expected to work on or visit UNICEF premises, programme delivery locations or directly interact with communities UNICEF works with, nor to travel to perform functions for UNICEF for the duration of their consultancy contracts.
Advertised: Jun 02 2023 Middle East Daylight Time Application close: Jun 09 2023 Middle East Daylight Time
Back to list Refer a friend
- Closes Jun 09 2023Youth Technology Consultant, 191.5 days (during 9 months), Beirut, Lebanon in Lebanon
UNICEF Lebanon is looking for a Youth Programme Technology Consultant to provide digital learning solutions and support the implementation of the various platforms.