Position Title: Warehouse and Distribution Associate
Location: Abuja and Lagos, Nigeria
This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Warehouse and Distribution Associate to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
Background: The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
The Warehouse and Distribution Associate will support both warehousing and distribution activities as implemented in the GHSC-PSM project.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Ensure adherence to Good Warehousing Practices across supply chain operations (warehousing operations in both government owned, including designated storage facilities for LLINs for distribution campaigns, and contracted 3PL warehouses).
- Serve as a resource in the coordination of warehouse operations for the supply of health program commodities to health facilities and to ensure appropriate and timely refill of facility commodities based on delivery orders across programs/various donors
- Monitor the warehouse operations of third logistics warehouse service providers (subcontracted warehousing 3PLs) and government owned warehouses to ensure that standard practices and appropriate procedures are maintained.
- Ensure temperature monitoring equipment are available and functional and monitor to ensure compliance to acceptable standards.
- Coordinate and supervise the pick, pack, and dispatch (PPD) of commodities during LMDs.
- Facilitate complete and accurate documentation during LMDs and interstate/long hauls; PODs and SRVs/SIVs/RIRVs.
- Ensure adherence to Good Distribution Practices across supply chain operations. Serve as a resource in the coordination of distribution operations for the supply of health program commodities to health facilities and to ensure appropriate and timely delivery/replenishment of commodities based on delivery orders across programs/various donors.
- Monitor the distribution activities of third-party logistics service providers; transportation 3PLs to ensure that standard practices and appropriate procedures distribution are maintained. In collaboration with field-based Logistics Coordinators, provide technical support to ensure that health facilities receive needed health commodities.
- Carry out inspection of vehicles, ensuring that vehicles deployed by 3PLs are suitable, appropriate, and meet set standard as stipulated in the contracts/work orders for the provision of transportation services.
- Carry out spot-checks during the LMDs; collate and report all non-conformances or adverse report (some of which bother on suspicion of fraud, commodity loss, by proxy delivery, lagging delivery times, use of non-compliant vehicles, etc.) concerning 3PL performance.
- Perform other tasks as directed by Manager, Warehousing
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or any related field
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project required Good interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet demanding time-lines
- Strong organizational skills
- Fluency in English is required
TheWarehouse and Distribution Associate will report to Manager, Warehousing and/or the Regional Director.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja and Lagos, Nigeria.
How to apply
Interested and qualified Candidates should click on the link below to apply:
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.