The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Volunteer (Identification and Classification of Associations and NGO’s in Nigeria)
Host Entity: United Nations Volunteers
Duration: 4 weeks
Number of Assignment: 15
Sustainable Development Goal: 17. Partnerships for the goals
Expected Start Date: Invalid Date
For how many hours per week will the volunteer be required?: 1 – 5
Description of assignment title: Develop website for AGE Network
- To find out about civil society organizations working in development and humanitarian work, the UNV country office in (country) wants to list them in a document.
- The objective is to identify the mission and a contact person in each organization in order to establish a link with the UNV office. Beyond the links that will be established, this mapping of non-governmental actors could serve as a common database of the different CSOs and their different missions in the development and implementation of UN programmes and initiatives in the region.
We are looking for 25 experienced and creative online volunteers to help our office identify and rank civil society organizations in our country. Working closely with the Program Assistant, the volunteers will be responsible for
- Identify the leading civil society organizations in the country by category. These include a) Humanitarian NGOs: which assist in development or specialize in emergency aid, e.g. Medecin Sans Frontieres, Action Against Hunger, The Red Cross, etc, b) Advocacy NGOs: which aim to defend an opinion, a group of people or a cause, such as Greenpeace, OXFAM3. c) Non-profit associations. In this section, only well-structured associations operating at a certain level will be considered.
- Classifying the organizations listed Using an Excel file that will be given to you, you will classify the organizations according to the category mentioned above, giving the location in the country, the mission and a contact person.
- Candidates should have previous experience in research, archiving, census taking or similar activities.
- A good knowledge of the country’s organizations and associations is an asset.
- English, Level: Fluent, Required French, Level: Working knowledge, Desirable
Application Closing Date
29th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Intereted and qualified candiates should:
Click here to apply online
- United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals.
- We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics.
- As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.