Yoga and Sport With Refugees Athens is looking for a new volunteers coordinator!
Yoga and Sport With Refugees (YSR) was born in October 2017 on the island of Lesvos, Greece, in response to the massive need for healthy safe spaces, the sense of community and a place to work on mental and physical health. In September 2020, we expanded to Athens. Through cooperation with Habibi Works and KOIZ Centre for Postcolonial Studies, we started Habibi and Sport with Refugees in Ioannina in 2021 and we are now building a project in Paris. Every day we offer more than 20 different sports activities to approximately 400 people. Our model is unique with over 70 of our past and current coaches coming from a refugee background.
Unfortunately our volunteer coordinator in Athens, Hooman, is leaving his position. Therefore, we need a new on the ground coordinator in Athens to work with Delphine as soon as possible and be able to commit for at least 3 months.
The coordinators on the ground share the full project responsibility. Together as a team you decide on organizational matters in the project such as the schedule, activities, volunteers, social media content, events and more. Besides the daily operations, you also work on strategical matters and projects with the wider YSR team. We are offering a position for 0,75 FTE to support our two amazing coordinators already working on the ground here in Athens.
As the volunteer coordinator you are responsible for the full process concerning the volunteers: recruitment, onboarding, training, their functioning on the ground, making sure they are doing okay, and supporting them in their fundraising efforts.
If you are a people’s person, organized and if you love working with people from all over the world, then you are just who we are looking for!
What we offer:
- the opportunity to operate in a sustainable project and to create sustainable social change!
- the opportunity to build an amazing team of volunteers
- a position where you support each other through sports
- be part of YSR team and its amazing community
- develop your leadership and people’s management skills
- work in a culturally diverse environment
- a learning environment where we aim at empowering people. This comes with personalized training opportunities and training with all the coordinators.
- 550 euros plus accommodation support up to 250 euro if necessary
- The recruitment of new volunteers
- The weekly schedule
- Focus point for the volunteers
- Organize and plan trainings
- Engaging the volunteers and interns
- Activate and facilitate the inclusion of women at all levels – student, teacher, volunteer
- Make sure the safeguarding framework is understood and respected
- Reporting and weekly meetings with the Yoga and Sports team
- Improving and implementing the volunteers program
- Take additional responsibilities to be defined with the team
Who we are looking for:
- Ideally someone who is already involved with YSR.
- Someone with
- good listening skills and ability to connect with people
- good motivational skills
- flexibility and adaptation to unexpected situation skills
- passion for sports,
- Organisational skills
- Desired experience
- Capacity building and skills training
- People’s management
- Background in the humanitarian field and/or sports
- An active person who can jump in and teach sports when necessary
- Languages: English necessary
- 3 months minimum commitment – Start date: As soon as possible
How to apply
YSR strongly encourages qualified people with a refugee background to apply. We seek to ensure that everyone is given equal opportunities.
Candidates must be able to be in Europe, YSR cannot provide support in Visa applications.
Safeguarding, Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in our organisation, and you will be required to understand, train and comply to our safeguarding policy and supporting documents.
Interested? Send an email to [email protected] with your CV and motivation or a message on WhatsApp to: +41 78 638 12 36 before September 30
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis