Vacancy Notice Open to Internal and External Candidates Position Title : Project Assistant (Medical) Duty Station : San Salvador, El Salvador Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G5 Type of Appointment : One Year Fixed Term with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible Closing Date : June 2nd, 2022 Reference Code : VN2022/017 SV
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates. Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager RSC LA and the direct supervision of the Deputy Migration Health Coordinator, the incumbent will be based in San Salvador and will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Track all cases granted Parolee status.
- Track all linked Parolee cases to ensure they depart together.
- Liaise with USCIS on parolee linked cases and add-ons.
- Contact beneficiaries and Panel Physicians to schedule medical exams for Parolee cases.
- Request Medical Payment from anchor through IOM NY
- Ensure the Panel Physicians schedule timely medical assessment appointments for parolees to avoid backlogs, assist in monitoring the medical pipeline.
- Review medical forms, medical invoices and referrals, and confirm follow up and travel requirements with Operations and the panel physicians.
- Scan/copy/encrypt/store the medical examinations and share with USCIS.
- In coordination with Operations and panel physicians, ensure follow-up and treatment plans for medical cases based on the results of the initial health assessment.
- Coordinate pre-departure evaluation;
- When required for travel, arrange necessary treatment for stabilization purposes;
- In coordination with the Medical Health Coordinator, assist with travel requirements and completion of relevant MEDIF/MEDA medical forms with the airlines, assist IOM Operations in all travel arrangements required for complex medical cases.
- Develop tracking mechanisms for various cases and case scenarios in Excel.
- Use dedicated e-mail address to communicate with beneficiaries as needed. Provide correct information and counselling to applicants related to their parole status.
- Provide management with statistics regularly and as required.
- Create SOPs and/or provide timely input to the supervisor for updating the SOPs.
- Ensure security, order, and confidentiality of all interactions and transaction according to IOM Guidelines and PRM Program Announcement 2005-11 Revised Guidance on Confidentiality of State Department Refugee Records as well as relevant subsequent updates.
- Remain professional, impartial, and unbiased during all interactions with applicants.
- Any other tasks assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience • University degree in Political Science, International Relations, Social Science or other related field with three years of working experience • Five years of working experience with secondary education Skills • Excellent command of English; able to write e-mails and reports coherently in a timely manner • Attention to detail and ability to organize • Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Software package • Strong interpersonal and communication skills • Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
Languages Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written) Required Competencies The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values • Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible. • Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct. • Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges. Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1 • Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results. • Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes. • Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate. • Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work. • Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY: External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com by June 2nd, 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IMPORTANT: Any offer made to the candidates in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. KEEP IN MIND: • The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for • The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English. • Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration. • Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered. • This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country. • The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB. Posting period: From 19.05.2022 to 02.06.2022