Job Identification : 11222
Locations : Chisinau, Moldova
Posting Date : 06/07/2023, 09:53 AM
Apply Before : 07/05/2023, 09:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full time
Grade : G7
Vacancy Type : Fixed Term
Rotational/Non Rotational : Non-Rotational
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education and Work Experience : Bachelor’s Degree – 4 year(s) experience OR High School certificate- 7 year(s) experience
Proficiency in current office software applications and a good basic knowledge of finances
Required Languages : English and Romanian
Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language
Job Category : Administration/Operations/Support
Job title: Programme Associate
Position Number: 200808
Location: Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Full/Part time: Full-Time
Fixed term/Temporary: Fixed term
Rotational/Non Rotational: Non-Rotational
Duration: One year (Renewable*)
Under direct supervision of the UNFPA Assistant Representative and guidance of the Operations Manager, the Programme Associate shall contribute to an effective and efficient implementation of UNFPA’s country programme. The Programme Associate supports the programme and operations teams of the UNFPA Moldova Country Office.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2022-2025), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results. We need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Programme Associate supports the design, planning and management of UNFPA’s country programme by providing and managing data inputs, providing logistical support, monitoring project implementation and following up on recommendations. The Programme Associate applies established systems and procedures and assists in the creation of substantive knowledge by compiling, synthesizing and analyzing information relevant to population and development, reproductive health, youth and gender issues. S/he is instrumental in facilitating programme/ project implementation using and developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with established procedures.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
The Programme Associate would be responsible for: A.Effective Support to the Preparation, Implementation and Monitoring of the Programme:
- Effective Support to the Preparation, Implementation and Monitoring of the Country Programme. Participate in the preparation of the CO programme and project proposals by compiling and analyzing information in the subject areas of UNFPA assistance, compiling project documents and work plans and preparing tables and statistical data.
- In coordination with assigned programme staff, guide the routine implementation of assigned projects, coordinating delivery of project inputs and ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain and update project files of assigned programme staff, including Annual Work Plans signed, revised and project progress reports, and budgets in compliance with corporate guidelines, including lesson learned, evaluations and studies.
- Monitor and report on core and non-core expenditures by implementing partners.
- Consolidate and maintain the inventory of pipeline projects for submission to donors for co-financing.
- In collaboration with assigned programme and operations staff, and Implementing Partners, assist in financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of programme activities, identifying any operational and financial problems, and contributing to the development of solutions.
- Support the registration of new projects in ERP system, and ensure timely follow-up of requests for direct payment to suppliers or cash advance of funds to projects in accordance with the procedures and approved work plans.
- Assist in conducting assessments of programme performance to identify success factors and compile a list of best practices.
- Contributing to HACT assurance activities in regard with assigned implementing partners. Support implementation of audit and evaluation recommendations.
- Evaluates project and programme activities, establishing and implementing mechanisms to systematically assess the achievement of results, conducting field visits, participating in review meetings and evaluation missions and preparing regular inputs to status and progress reports. Analyzes basic factors affecting the achievement of results, recommends corrective actions and follows up on recommendations.
- Supports advocacy and resource mobilization strategy of the CO by compiling and synthesizing relevant background material for use in discussions and public events. Establishes and maintains network of donor and public information contacts and provides assistance in organizing and conducting donor meetings and public information events.
B.Research and Knowledge Management Sharing:
- Organizing and delivering training and guiding assigned implementing partners, project personnel and programme staff on national execution and programme policies and procedures.
- Assist in the creation of substantive knowledge relevant to a specific programme area through research, synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices, strategies and approaches of the CO, and drafting relevant materials for dissemination.
- Maintaining the programme filing, archiving and e-archiving systems, as well as uploading to the CO intranet and maintaining the relevant sections.
- Coordination of administrative processes for projects without staff, including management of contracts, payments, deliverables.
- Initiate procurement request for the projects and the team, as assigned by Supervisor, ensuring compliance with UNFPA procurement procedures.
- Assist in the organization, recording and reporting (minute writing, and participants list) of periodic coordination meetings and other programme related workshops and events. Ensure timely schedule, invitations and confirmations are done.
- Support in preparation and clearance of projects’ financial reports to donors.
- Perform relevant ERP profile for Programme Associate functions.
Carry out any other duties as may be required by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed Secondary Level Education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law, Public Administration, Economics, Political or Social Sciences or other related fields will be given due consideration.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 7 years (with Secondary education) or 4 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of progressively responsible administrative, financial or programme experience is required, at the national or international level.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and a good basic knowledge of finances and mastery of a series of financial and spreadsheet software.
- Experience in the UN system and agencies, international and development assistance organizations is an asset.
- Experience in ERP Systems (SAP, Peoplesoft, Oracle, Atlas etc.) is an asset.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change.
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact.
- Logistical support.
- Managing data, documents, correspondence and reports.
- Managing information and workflow.
- Planning, organizing and multi-tasking.
- Managing financial processes.
- Job knowledge/technical expertise.
Compensation and Benefits:
The United Nations Population Fund offers you an attractive remuneration package with competitive pay and benefits. Staff members in General Staff Category that are locally recruited are compensated in accordance with the best prevailing conditions of service locally. You can learn more about tax exemption, allowances and benefits, holidays and leave, health insurance, and retirement pension of GS staff on the UN Careers website or the United Nations website.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm.
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.