Global Rights Compliance (GRC) is an international legal foundation focussed on bringing perpetrators to justice for atrocity crimes. We have a presence in the Hague, London, Washington, and Ukraine.
The MATRA-Ukraine Project titled ‘Strengthening Ukraine’s Capacity to Investigate and Prosecute International Crimes’ aims to enhance the capacity of the Ukrainian stakeholders to integrate international law standards in efforts to deal with international crimes; and to improve the enabling environment to support the use of international law standards and stakeholder involvement as tools to improve the investigation, prosecution and adjudication of international crimes.
DUTY STATION: The full-time job will be based in Kiyv, Ukraine
CONTRACT DURATION: 6-month contract with a possible extension.
ROLES AND DUTIES
The focus of the job is to assist with the research and drafting of reports and submissions undertaken as part of the Project, to assist with the design and implementation of training curriculum for investigators, prosecutors, judges, and civil society, to liaise and coordinate with project stakeholders in Ukraine, as well as other tasks associated with the implementation of the Project.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Legal and factual research relating to Ukrainian criminal law and international Law;
- Assistance with drafting and editing of project documents, including strategic recommendations, with a focus on incorporating Ukrainian standards;
- Analysis of information related to violations of international humanitarian and criminal law committed in Ukraine;
- Liaising with national criminal justice authorities (including investigators, prosecutors, judges, and civil society);
- Developing training curriculum and organizing training for Ukrainian criminal justice actors;
- Other assistance with other Project related tasks, including monitoring and evaluation.
- Degree in law;
- 5 or more years of relevant legal experience;
- Knowledge of and experience working with the Ukrainian Criminal Code and Criminal Procedure Code;
- Practical experience working with Ukrainian justice actors;
- Works independently, is a practical and strategic thinker, and enjoys challenges;
- Administratively competent; able to manage competing urgent demands;
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian;
- Practical experience in working with highly sensitive material and an ability to demonstrate the requisite skill in storing, sharing, and working with such material;
- Able to work as part of a multicultural team working towards a common goal and respectful of differentiating working approaches;
- Experience of working in the Ukrainian criminal justice system;
- Practical experience in international human rights, criminal, and/or humanitarian law;
- Experience working on juvenile justice issues.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by the 24th of September indicating the position you are applying for in the email subject.