Training Specialist(s) – Financial Action Task Force ( Job Number: 16174 )
Application Closing Date: 23-05-2023, 9:59:00 PM
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development ( OECD) is an international organisation comprised of 38 member countries, that works to build better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. Together with governments, policy makers and citizens, we work on establishing evidence-based international standards, and finding solutions to a range of social, economic and environmental challenges. From improving economic performance and creating jobs to fostering strong education and fighting international tax evasion, we provide a unique forum and knowledge hub for data and analysis, exchange of experiences, best-practice sharing, and advice on public policies and international standard-setting.
The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) is an autonomous intergovernmental international body responsible for developing and promoting policies for combating money laundering, terrorist financing and the financing of weapons of mass destruction. The FATF has 37 countries and two regional organisations as members, along with nine FATF-style regional bodies (FSRBs), which together comprise a Global Network of over 200 countries and jurisdictions. The FATF Secretariat is located at the OECD in Paris.
The FATF has a Training Institute in Busan, Korea in order to support capacity-building in the field of anti-money laundering, counter terrorism financing and counter proliferation financing. The FATF Training Institute provides training on FATF standards and the mutual evaluation processs to staff from FATF and FATF-style regional body (FSRB) member countries, and assessors and reviewers involved in the mutual evaluation process. The FATF Secretariat is seeking anti-money laundering and combatting the financing of terrorism ( AML/CFT) experts with training experience to contribute to the subject matter for the creation and delivery of dynamic training courses to diverse, global audiences from the FATF Global Network.
We are seeking to hire one or more Training Specialist who will lead and contribute to the design and development of AML/CFT training programmes, with other internal and external experts, in line with the FATF training programme annual plan and FATF Work Plan. They will also be responsible for delivering training programmes to diverse audiences of individuals from across the FATF Global Network. The Specialists will also work with the FATF Secretariat to evaluate and improve existing training programmes, and ensure that delivery is in line with best practices. The Training Specialists will report to the Head of FATF Training Institute in Busan.
The FATF Training Institute is a part of FATF Secretariat and the Training Specialists will be required to comply with relevant FATF and OECD regulations, rules and practices.
The selected candidates will be required to undertake international travel.
This vacancy is open to nationals of OECD member countries and of the FATF member economies. A list of members of FATF can be found on the FATF website: Countries (fatf-gafi.org)
These positions are based in Busan, Korea.
Design, development and delivery of AML/CFT training
- Lead and contribute to the design of training material and other substantive work of the FATF Training Institute.
- Develop training courses, potentially with other subject matter experts, taking into account audience needs, international best practices and standards, and providing meaningful information applicable to a wide variety of audiences.
- Draft high quality compelling training presentations, speaking notes and exercises, in line with FATF templates and practices.
- Deliver AML/CFT training courses in a manner tailored to the audience’s needs. Audiences may be from a group of countries, or more regional and/or targeted to a particular set of needs.
- Periodic evaluation of training programmes to ensure they are effective, and reflect any changes and new trends
- Measure the performance of training participants and produce reporting using Key Performance Indicators (KPI) developed by the FATF.
Liaison and representation
- Participate in the preparation of FATF Training Institute trainings, meetings and events.
- Establish and maintain collaborative professional relations with government officials, representatives of the private sector, non-governmental bodies and international organisations.
- Co-operate and engage with the FATF Secretariat to ensure seamless implementation of the FATF Work Plan, and that training is done in line with FATF best practices.
- Collect feedback from stakeholders, including training participants and delegations, on FATF Training Institute training.
- Keep abreast of national and international AML/CFT best practices through reviewing country assessments, monitoring progress, and working with FSRBs and countries of the FATF Global Network to understand the FATF Standards and how to comply with them.
- Maintain expertise in one or more areas of the FATF Standards.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- An advanced university degree, or equivalent, in law, public policy, economics, business administration, finance, international co-operation or another relevant discipline.
- At least three, and preferably five or more, years of relevant work experience in anti-money laundering and combatting the financing of terrorism ( AML/CFT).
- Experience in working as part of a multicultural team or in an international organisation.
- Confirmed experience delivering AML/CFT training and/or technical assistance.
- In-depth knowledge of the FATF and FATF Standards.
- Confirmed experience in the preparation of training programmes and materials.
- Proven skills in establishing and developing professional contacts and in interacting with national delegations, government officials, other international organisations and stakeholders.
- Experience of working with developing countries would be a significant advantage.
- Proven experience in working with the Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of analytical tools such as Excel or Access would be an advantage.
- Experience in using a learning management system and/or development of e-learning, video or audio training would be an advantage.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French) and knowledge of the other, with a commitment to reach a good working level.
- Knowledge of other languages (e.g., Korean, Spanish, Russian, Arabic) would be an advantage.
For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important: Teamwork, Flexible thinking, Analytical thinking, Achievement focus, Drafting skills, Client focus, Diplomatic sensitivity and Strategic networking.
Please refer to the level 3 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
- Two-year fixed term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
What the OECD offers
- Depending on level of experience, monthly salary starts at either 9 632 946 KRW or 11 885 699 KRW, plus allowances based on eligibility, exempt of Korean income tax.
Please note that the appointment may be made at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant .
The OECD is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates who are nationals of OECD member countries , and of the FATF member economies, irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.
A list of members of FATF can be found on the FATF website: Countries (fatf-gafi.org)
The OECD promotes an optimal use of resources in order to improve its efficiency and effectiveness. Staff members are encouraged to actively contribute to this goal.