Tetra Tech International Development (International Development Jobs – Tetra Tech) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for various potential Technical Specialist positions on a USAID-funded program the Pacific Islands.
The goal of the Pacific Islands Regional Climate Finance Activity is to improve adaptation and mitigation ability for regional bodies and national governments in the 12 countries of the Pacific Islands where USAID works (i.e., the Federated States of Micronesia [FSM], Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Republic of the Marshall Islands [RMI], Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu) by a.) mobilizing climate finance and b.) improving climate finance management. These potential full-time positions will be based in Suva, Fiji (or the possibility of elsewhere within the Pacific Islands region) for the full life of project (anticipated five years). For all positions, professional fluency in English, experience working in and managing multi-disciplinary teams, frequent travel to field sites, knowledge of MS Office applications, and commitment to gender equity and social inclusion are required.
We are recruiting for the following positions:
* Climate Finance Specialist
* Climate Adaptation and Resilience Specialist
* Private Sector Engagement Specialist
* Public Financial Management Specialist
* Institutional Capacity Building Specialist
* Gender Equity and Social Inclusion Specialist
* Climate Policy Specialist
* Change Management Specialist
Candidates with primary qualifications and experience in more than one of these areas should indicate their interest in multiple positions in their cover letter.
* Master’s degree (or bachelor’s degree with 7+ years of relevant experience) in a field related to the position of interest.
* At least seven (7) years of relevant professional experience, preferably in the Pacific Islands region.
* Experience on USAID or other donor-funded projects preferred but not required.
* Proven track record of collaborating with a diverse array of stakeholders (including governments, the private sector, local organizations), and integrating social inclusion with women, youth, and other vulnerable populations.
* Professional fluency (written, oral) in English required.
* Candidates from the Pacific Islands are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To be considered, please submit the following:
· Cover Letter
· CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: https://bit.ly/48go9cS
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page or contact our Global Talent Operations team. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.