Technical specialist in Agriculture and SAG
Job announcement : Aug 30/2023
Publication cancellation date : Sep 13, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLECU
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: PSA ( Personal Service Agreements )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Ecuador-Quito
Duration: 2 months with the possibility of extension
Position Number: N / A
IMPORTANT NOTICE – The expiration date and time displayed above are based on the date and time indicated on your personal device.
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The post is located in Quito-Ecuador.
The Technical Specialist in Agriculture and SAG will report its activities to the Program Officer and Project Coordinator.
Field of specialization
The Technical Specialist in Agriculture and SAG will technically support the strengthening and monitoring of the first NDC 2020-2025, as well as the development of the second NDC 2026-2035 in Ecuador, in the Agriculture ( climate change mitigation ) and SAG ( adaptation to climate change ) sectors.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Perform the functions that are determined in conjunction with the main Technician of the NDC process and that are related to the characteristics of the position and the objective of the project.
- Update the mapping of key actors of the initiatives evaluated for the gathering and validation of the necessary information in the process of strengthening and monitoring the first NDC 2020-2025, as well as the development of the second NDC 2026-2035 from Ecuador.
- Analyze the links and information requirements to implement the MRV system of the NDC initiatives linked to the conceptual framework of the National Registry of Climate Change.
- Support the gender specialist with relevant information and technical inputs for the inclusion of the gender approach in the process of strengthening and monitoring the first NDC 2020-2025, as well as the development of the second NDC 2026-2035 from Ecuador.
- Support the economic-financial specialist with information on conditioned and unconditional initiatives to carry out the economic-financial analysis.
- Accompany the process of socialization and final validation within the framework of their competences.
- Manage activities with the technical team of the UNDP Climate Promise initiative to achieve the results.
- Others determined by MAATE and related to the characteristics of the position and the objective of the project.
- Provide technical and operational support in the development of events / workshops, generation of documents and other reports required by the project.
- Prepare the respective means of verification ( acts, memory aids, systematizations, attendance records, reports, progress reports, etc.) of the activities carried out in relation to the functions established within this Reference Term.
- Prepare logs, monthly plans and travel plans and reports within FAO deadlines.
THE CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUED IN ARRANGE TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Third level university degree in agronomy, agriculture, environmental or related careers.
- Fourth level university degree in subjects related to the agricultural sector, climate change and / or sustainable or related development.
- At least 4 years of work experience in agricultural issues, food sovereignty, climate change, analysis of GHG scenarios, analysis of climate risk or sustainable development.
- Practical knowledge of the Spanish language level C and practical knowledge of the English language level B
- National of Ecuador or resident in the country with regular work permit.
FAO core competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge exchange and continuous improvement
Technical / functional skills
- Experience of at least two ( 2 ) works related to climate change in the following topics: project formulation, Monitoring, Reporting and Verification ( MRV ), vulnerability and / or climate risk analysis, GHG inventories or other specialty inventories in the area of climate change.
- Demonstrable experience of working with government agencies and / or multilateral organizations.
- Experience in planning and development of agricultural policies.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of statistical and mathematical tools for scenario generation, temporal data projection, regressions, and other statistical tools for database manipulation.
- Capacity for interpersonal relationships, inter-institutional management, teamwork.
- Abilities for writing technical and synthesis documents in Spanish and English.
- Aptitude for work in interdisciplinary teams
- Coordination capacities and teamwork.
- Working capacity under pressure.
- Full-time availability with an office presence.
- Availability to travel to different sectors of the country.
- Support documents for experience and job references.
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. If you need help or have questions, contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the expiration of the application deadline will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from a teaching institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO website on employment: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/.
PRESENTATION OF REQUESTMENTS
- If you want to apply, go to the FAO Recruitment Website ( Employment in FAO ) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. Only applications received through the contracting portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to submit their application sufficiently in advance of the expiration of the term.
- If you need help, contact: [email protected] .
IN THE LOCALS OF FAO IT IS FORBIDDEN TO SMOKE