With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Here’s where you come in:
As the Technical Specialist – Humanitarian Response & Disaster Risk Reduction, you will provide technical leadership for the development of Humanitarian Response and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) programming and capacity in World Vision Somalia. In the event of humanitarian emergency, you will work with the National Disaster Management Team in the development of a response strategy and plan, coordinating action between different departments in support of timely, accountable and effective response. You will ensure high-quality reporting to donors and other external stakeholders during emergency response, and project implementation.
- Post graduate qualifications in humanitarian/ development programming or related.
- Programming within a humanitarian or long-term transformational development context
- Experience in proposal writing.
- Emergency response training by a professional Humanitarian response body or institution.
- Experience with Major donors; ECHO, USAID (BHA), EU.
- Experience with other emergency donors like GFFO, DRA.
- Deployment and /or travel to humanitarian emergencies of all kinds.
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply onlineby the application deadline of 15 NOV 2023.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.