Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – HTS
Job ID: 2022-4791
Location: Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full Time
- The HTS Officer will ensure sustainable, high quality and client focused targeted HTS, as well as linkage to ART, PrEP and other prevention services. This will be provided in line with national requirements and standards.
- S/he will support to ensure un-interrupted supply of commodities and develop strategies to strengthen referrals between facility and community based HTS points and the relevant health facilities for appropriate referral of clients.
- Lead in the coordination of community and Facility based HTS for the target population interest with the states.
- Work to establish and strengthen effective referral linkage within facility and community-based HTS.
- Collaborate with state reference laboratories to implement proficiency testing and other diagnostic quality assurance
- Assist in developing M&E prevention tools related to HIV testing
- Coordinate mapping of community and facility services and the development of referral directory (including spoke, PMTCT site).
- Coordinate capacity building activities such as HTS, PNS, IPV, adherence counselling and behavioural change initiative for providers.
- Produce and ensure timely submission of monthly program activity reports for data triangulation with M&E unit of the project.
- S/he provides HIV testing to priority populations according to the national HIV testing protocols and guidelines
- S/he ensures that HIV testing quality assurance practices are always performed at all times according to the national requirements.
- S/he establishes and strengthens good working relationship with other implementing partners and stakeholders.
- S/he performs any other duty as assigned by the State Team Lead.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) Health / Social or its equivalent experience with a formal qualification.
- Minimum of at least five (5) years of experience in design and implementation of monitoring,evaluation and research
- Computer proficient skills in Excel, Word processing.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Good strategic and analytical thinking and ability to interpret public health and epidemiological data.
- Familiarity with USAID regulations is desired.
Monthly Salary Range and Benefits
- N638,531.42 – N694,147.33.
- Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including: medical and dental plans; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; personal accident insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; life and disability insurance; travel insurance; education assistance plan and more.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.