Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
- Experience 3 years
- Location Not specified
Summary of Role:
Contributes to the advancement of Pathfinder’s work through the provision of technical inputs across Pathfinder technical areas and country priorities, including supporting the development of global goods and technical products. Supports special projects that advance Pathfinder’s mission. Contributes to Pathfinder’s new business development efforts. Contributes to and supports Pathfinder’s collaboration, learning and adaptation, knowledge management, and data and analytic efforts. As appropriate, supports the Technical team’s day-to-day administrative tasks, budgeting and planning.
Location: Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cote D’Ivoire, DRC, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Jordan, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Niger, Pakistan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, or the US.
Technical Support and Special Projects:
- Supports special projects that advance Pathfinder’s priorities, including development of project plans, desk reviews of high-impact and best practices, evidence and data gathering, development of briefs and other documentation on specified technical domains.
- Support the development and roll-out of technical tools, recommendations, guidelines and communication materials as needed.
- Production and delivery of presentations, as needed.
- Provision of assistance to technical areas and advisors, as assigned.
Business and Proposal Development:
- Contributes to Pathfinder’s proposals, including responses to competitive bids. Inputs into program designs as appropriate, and other tasks as assigned.
Collaboration Learning and Adaptation & Knowledge Management:
- Contributes to and support Pathfinder’s Collaboration Learning and Adaptation activities, including supporting internal and external technical learning sessions and Communities of Practice.
- Support Pathfinder’s knowledge management function, including overseeing the updating and tracking of Pathfinder’s internal Knowledge Management Platform.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of global resource libraries for key Pathfinder Technical domains.
Data Use and Analytics:
- Providing support on Pathfinder data inputting, tracking and quality, including DHIS2.
- Contribute towards delivery of the organizational DHIS2 Annual impact report
Budget & Administrative Support:
- Supports the development and tracking of the Technical Team’s budget, risks and annual workplan, including team’s quarterly progress reviews and meetings, as needed.
- Coordinate all logistical and administrative arrangements for SRHR and Global MEL teams
Required Education and Work Experience:
- Master’s degree in public health, social science or related discipline, essential.
- 3 years’ experience in working in international development, ideally in the field of health, essential.
- Excellent writing and speaking English skills, essential
Preferred Education and Work Experience:
- Experience living or working in a low-income country, is preferred.
- Experience in robust knowledge management system(s), digital health project management and health sector information systems e.g., DHIS2 is preferred.
- 2 years of international development experience in implementing SRHR programs in low-income countries, is desirable.
- Excellent writing and speaking French or Portuguese, is preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- The ability to work from home
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
- Less than 30%
Application procedure / How to apply:
- Interested applicants are requested to include the contact details for at least 3 references in their resume.
- Please submit your application via this website no later than November 7, 2022.
Safeguarding and Protection
Pathfinder is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the people we serve and our staff. We have zero tolerance for any type of behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, our staff, and partners including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. We do everything possible to ensure that we recruit only those who are suitable to work with for us and expect that everyone we hire will abide by our safeguarding and related policies and will report any suspected or known violations. This job is subject to a range of vetting checks as legally permitted in the country where they are being hired. By applying, the job applicant acknowledges they understand our intent to verify suitability to work with us.
Masters or better in Public Health or related field.
3 years: Experience in working in international development, ideally in the field of health, essential.
2 years: Experience implementing SRHR programs in low-income countries
Experience in robust knowledge management system(s), digital health project management and health sector information systems e.g., DHIS2
Experience living or working in a low-income country
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Pathfinder International on recruiting.ultipro.com to apply