Technical assistant for the formation of the CIAF
Job advertisement : Sep 4/2023
Publication cancellation date : Sep 18, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLPAR – FAO Representation in Paraguay
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: PSA ( Personal Service Agreements )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Paraguay-Assumption
Duration: 4 TEST MONTHS WITH EXTENSION POSSIBILITY
Position Number: N / A
IMPORTANT NOTICE – The expiration date and time displayed above are based on the date and time indicated on your personal device.
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The main objective of FAO country offices, headed by an FAO Representative, is to cooperate with governments in policy development, programs and projects to achieve food security, reduce hunger, malnutrition and rural poverty; help develop the agricultural, fisheries, forestry and use its environmental and natural resources in a sustainable way.
In this context, FAO provides technical assistance to the Vice Ministry of Peasant Family Agriculture ( VAF ) of the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock ( MAG ), in the implementation processes of the Inter-institutional Council for Peasant Family Farming ( CIAF ) to guarantee the participation of family farming leaders in the formulation of public policies that allow achieving the food and nutritional security.
Under the general supervision of the FAO Representative Paraguay and the direct supervision of the AFAOR Programs and in Coordination with the Leading Technical Officer of the TCP / PAR / 3902 project, the ( the ) Consultant/a national will be in charge of: Field of specialization
Provide technical assistance to the Vice Ministry of Peasant Family Agriculture ( VAF ) during the socialization process, training and implementation of the Inter-institutional Council for Peasant Family Farming ( CIAF ) at the departmental level within the framework of Law 6286/19
Tasks and responsibilities
The owner must:
- Prepare a Work Plan that includes the planned activities, the work schedule, and the products to be delivered under the contract.
- Prepare a Socialization and Training plan at the central and territorial level for both MAG and civil society actors, with the aim of reporting on deadlines, methodologies, processes, requirements and others necessary for the implementation of the Inter-institutional Council for Peasant Family Farming ( CIAF ) at the departmental level.
- Formulate proposals for programs, forms / forms for the presentation of documents, circulars and other technical instruments that allow the implementation of the classification methodology, selection and convocation established in the institutional regulations of the MAG, in order to guarantee the representativeness of all sectors of Family Agriculture in the CIAF.
- Prepare proposals for Function Manuals of the CIAF instances at the Departmental, Regional and National levels.
- Technically assist the FAOPY project coordination technical team to:
- – Execution of the Socialization and Training Plan, preparing the necessary didactic materials ( presentations, guides, others ) workshop agendas and all the necessary documentation for the implementation of the CIAF, both centrally and territorially.
- – Technically support the convocation (s) and celebration of the assembly / s of formation of the CIAF / s at the departmental level.
- – Prepare, in coordination with the technical team for the coordination of the project, reports at the territorial level on the process of forming the CIAF / s Departmental.
- – Technically support the technical project coordination team for the presentations and meetings that are required internally and externally from the MAG related to Law 6286/19, its regulatory decree and the implementation of the CIAF.
- Systematize the good practices carried out within the framework of the installation process of the CIAF / s at the departmental level.
- Carry out other functions that, within its specialty, are required by the FAO Representation Office Paraguay within the framework of the activities provided for in the agreement.
THE CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUED IN ARRANGE TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- University degree in Political Science, Social Sciences, Social Work, Economics, Agronomic Engineering, Forestry or related careers.
- Minimum general experience of at least 5 years in the public and / or private sector in matters related to the allocation.
- Spanish and Guaraní language proficiency.
- Paraguayan national or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO core competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge exchange and continuous improvement
Technical / functional skills
- Master’s degree: In Development Studies, Territorial Development, Rural Development, Rural Economy, Sustainability or at the end.
- Training in topics of: Training for Community agents, Development of Vulnerable Communities, Social Territories, Family Agriculture, Preparation and evaluation of Social Projects.
- Specific professional experience in consulting services or work carried out in coordination and participation in multidisciplinary teams, whether in the public or private sector.
- Capacities to lead work teams at the territorial level.
- Knowledge on Family Farming, Social and Community Development Programs / Policies.
- Negotiation skills, coordination with peasant organizations and public and private institutions, Local and Departmental Governments.
- Preferably knowledge of instances of territorial articulation and work with specific CDAs and ALATs.
- Experience in work carried out with local and departmental governments.
- Experience in work with peasant organizations.
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. If you need help or have questions, contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the expiration of the application deadline will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from a teaching institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO website on employment: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/.
PRESENTATION OF REQUESTMENTS
- If you want to apply, go to the FAO Recruitment Website ( Employment in FAO ) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. Only applications received through the contracting portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to submit their application sufficiently in advance of the expiration of the term.
- If you need help, contact: [email protected] .
IN THE LOCALS OF FAO IT IS FORBIDDEN TO SMOKE