Job #: req23139
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Administration/Office Support
Term Duration: 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Seoul,South Korea
Required Language(s): English, Korean
Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 6/27/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to grow a career that is truly worthwhile? The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org.
The East Asia and the Pacific Region (EAP) is highly heterogeneous. Its 19 client countries include one of the smallest, Tuvalu, and the largest, China. It includes IDA and IBRD countries, as well as countries that no longer borrow from us, but still maintain strong partnerships with the Bank through knowledge hubs.
EAP has made the fastest progress in economic growth and poverty reduction of any region in the last quarter-century. A succession of East Asian economies has progressed from low-income to middle-income, with others preparing to join the small group of high-income countries soon. At present, the region remains one of the main drivers of the world economy, accounting for nearly two-fifths of global economic growth.
Despite this progress, the EAP still faces huge development challenges. Inequality within countries is growing, leaving some subnational regions and groups significantly behind. A large portion of the region’s population remains vulnerable to income shocks, including from a global economic slowdown, changing global and regional value-chains, and climate-related risks.
EAP was the first region to be hit by the COVID-19 pandemic which has provoked both an unprecedented health crisis and a severe economic shock in the region. The economic shock has severely affected both supply and demand, with significant impacts on economic activity, livelihoods, and people’s welfare. Poverty in our region is expected to rise for the first time in over four decades. COVID-19 also presents some opportunities for countries in the region to build back better through recovery strategies that prioritize reforms, and institutions, as well as attention to climate and broader sustainability. East Asia and the Pacific Region: https://www.worldbank.org/en/region/eap
The Republic of Korea (ROK) is a key development partner of the WBG and the WBG Korea Office located in Songdo, Incheon, is designed as a hub and a conduit for WBG-ROK cooperation in other countries.
The Team Assistant will be a core member of WBG Korea Office, recruited locally, and will report directly to the Special Representative of the WBG Korea Office.
The incumbent will provide a full range of operational, secretary and administrative support/assistance in the implementation of the office’s work program.
Roles & Responsibility: 1. Provides a full range of operational and administrative support/assistance in the implementation of the unit’s work program, including project development, implementation, supervision, procurement, etc; In this regard, coordinates extensively with service units and liaise frequently with team members both at headquarters and in other field offices. Identifies, reports or resolves diverse issues/problems as they arise, when often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes; 2. Coordinates schedules taking priorities into account, monitors changes, and communicates the information to appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unit, including officials outside the Bank Group. 3. Assists, as appropriate, in handling client relationship and functions as an important point of contact between the clients, partners and project teams; 4. Uses word processing and other standard software packages to produce complex text, reports, figures, graphs, etc., according to standard Bank formats and distribution. Drafts routine correspondence and proofreads materials using proper grammar, punctuation, and style. Team Assistants regularly work in more than one language, to include basic translating/drafting a variety of standard documents, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English and other languages, etc. Attends meetings, interprets as needed, drafts minutes, and ensures timely clearance and distribution; 5. Assists and coordinates in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g., conferences, workshops, events, mission visits, etc; 6. In conjunction with and under guidance from staff in a specific discipline (i.e., Resource Management, etc.) monitor specific activities, (i.e., task budget, etc.) within their teams or clusters. Extracts proper data from World Bank internal systems (e.g., SAP), regularly updates information on the internal tracking system, and performs expenditure reconciliation; 7. Maintains up-to-date work unit project and other files and records (both paper and electronic); 8. Provides support during procurement cycles following the guidelines and policies of corporate procurement units; Administers vendor registrations and prepares, processes, and records payment request; Prepares Purchase Order commitment request and monitors PO commitment status; Communicates with local vendors for payment arrangement and adjustments; 9. Performs other duties as required by the team and agreed with the manager.
Essential Skills and Education /Experience:
- Preferred education – Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of and ability to execute business processes involving diverse and intricate work procedures related to the processing and production of assigned outputs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Effective time management and organizational skills and ability to produce high quality work under pressure.
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness.
- Committed team player with demonstrated inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to draft routine correspondence and edit materials using proper grammar, punctuation and style.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs by continuous learning/training.
- Technology and systems knowledge – Demonstrates advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills as technology.
- Project and task management – Exhibits good organizational, problem-solving skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates attention to detail and quality. Has ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within agreed schedule.
- Institutional policies, processes, and procedures – Demonstrates knowledge of own department’s programs and products, knows key players, understands own role. Displays understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply/ implement them.
- Versatility and adaptability- Demonstrates flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capability. Demonstrates motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change.
- Client Orientation – Exhibits positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand clients’ needs and complete them professionally.
- Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Knowledge, Learning and Communication – Has good knowledge of official unit’s language(s). Able to write clearly, edit and proofread draft communications. Able learn and share knowledge/information across the unit.
- Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making – Uses critical thinking and makes smart decisions to solve problems. Able to manage information and support retention and disposition of information and records. Can search, report, and deliver basic information from various sources and independently respond to basic inquires.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.