Job #: req22874
Sector: Administration/Office Support
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Abidjan,Cote d’Ivoire
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): French
Closing Date: 6/7/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC’s Abidjan office is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and well-organized Team Assistant to provide effective and efficient administrative support to the assigned departmental team. This role will contribute to the effective operation and administrative coordination of the team in assigned department and should be ready to step up to undertake new responsibilities and challenges with enthusiasm.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Provide high quality support to the department/team, including scheduling of appointments, monitor documents for signature/approval; monitor and follow up on issues and priorities; handle incoming correspondence and internal and external queries; draft and handle routine correspondence;
- Provide primary assistance in the implementation of the teams work program, including some specialized support in a specific area(s), e.g. task management, procurement, database management, information technology, editorial assistance, etc.
- Identify and resolve diverse issues/problems as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determining the appropriate application;
- Suggest ways to enhance work organization and effectiveness;
- Exercise quality enhancement function for project and other documents by ensuring adherence to departmental and institutional guidelines;
- Serve as an information resource on status of projects/products and draft a variety of standard project-related correspondence;
- Translate office documents from French to English and vice versa;
- Request appointments for staff and visiting missions;
- Handle all logistics related to visiting missions (including hotel, car rental, pickup and drop-off);
- Assist with the preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, etc.
- Correspond with vendors to solicit price quotes for supplies and others conference related events;
- Act as back-up to other ACS in the office in their absence or during a busy period;
- Undertake ad hoc duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor
- Work will involve frequent interaction with the following:
- Internal contacts: other VP units, World Bank as well as staff in all locations, locally and internationally.
- External contacts: Government Officials, Consultants, External Organizations, and other Service providers.
- High School Diploma with w at least 2 – 3 years’ relevant work experience in a large multinational organization
- Demonstrated proficiency in office productivity tools (including MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- High degree of judgment and tact in handling, processing and communicating matters of a sensitive and confidential nature
- High degree of motivation, initiative, flexibility and reliability
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a range of contacts internally and externally and deal effectively with diverse situations which require good judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-orientated, multi-cultural environment, and function as an effective team member in various groups
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to prepare draft communications and ensure quality of written outputs
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Fluency in English and French.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.