Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Short-Term Technical Assistant (STTA) – Media Lead Consultant
RFQ Number: RFQ-YOL-05-22-0005
Reports to: The Program Manager
Estimated Period of Performance: June 2022 – September 2022
Estimated Level of Effort: Around 60 days
From: Creative Associates International, Inc., on behalf of Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection)
Funded by: USAID / Nigeria, AID-OAA-I-13-0005/72062021F00005
Creative Associates International (Creative) through United States Agency for International Development Nigeria Mission (USAID/Nigeria) funding is implementing the Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection) program: Building Community Resilience to Violent Extremism and Conflict in Northeast Nigeria. This program aims to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe (BAY) states in northeast Nigeria.
- Program activities will be implemented directly by NE Connection staff or through local actors (i.e., grantees), with close oversight and technical assistance from program staff.
- In Borno state, Northeast Connection has identified Biu, Jere, Hawul, KwayaKusar, Maiduguri and Shani as target Local Government Areas (LGAs) for intervention.
- The objectives of the NE Connection program are to ensure that:
- Resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict enhanced.
- Local capacity to respond to emerging threats developed.
- The program is being implemented primarily through small grants at the community level, designed to address specific problems or requests hinging on learnings and recommendations from quarterly research.
- Activity processes are as important as activity outputs in contributing to the program’s strategic goal.
- Program objectives are not met solely by performing tasks under an activity, but also through an inclusive locally led process that brings the community together to realize goals and foster positive engagement.
- The media consultant will work closely with NE Connection team todevelop andproduceconflict sensitive media contents for broadcast and disseminationin English
- Hausa, English and Kanuri languages. The STTA will collaboratively work with program team under the guidance NE Connection Program Manager and Communication/Reporting Officer indeveloping and producingconflict sensitive radio program, short video skits, interviews with influential personalities and disseminate to wider audience for publicity and awareness in propagating government’sefforts on reintegration in communities across Jere LGA.
- The STTA will work from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm daily and the consultancy is expected to be for a period of 30 days including the initial kick-off/debriefing meeting, the number of days for report writing. The STTA will work with specific guidance from NE Connection Team.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The STTA shall report to the Nigeria Northeast Connection Program Manager Borno state portfolio.
Tasks to be Performed
Primary responsibilities of the STTA will include but are not limited to the following:
- The Media Consultant will participate in the initial kick-off/debriefing meeting involving Media firm/organization and Programme Assistant under the supervision of NE ConnectionTheSTTA will conduct mapping of relevant actors working on reintegration and reconciliation within the target LGA.
- The consultant will conductmapping of influential stakeholders to be interviewed during the media campaign. This will involve
sidentifying critical stakeholders both at the state and LGA level to grant interview on video and audio clips.
- Media consultant willdevelop and produce conflict sensitive messages, radio program, short video skits, jingles, pre-recorded interviews with influential personalitiesand share with NE Connection for review and approval
- The consultant will work with the media firm or organization engaged byNE Connection to produce and disseminate conflict sensitivemedia program/content to wider audience for publicity and awareness
- Consultant will work with relevant agencies and Ministries in promoting efforts of the state government on reintegration efforts.
- Develop M&E plan for the project which will be reviewed and approved by NE Connection.
- Provide weekly activity highlight with quality pictures, monthly reports and respectively and submit to the program team for review and then at the end of the project develop a final report and shared with NEC program team.
- Work closely with program team to monitor the propagation of the media contents by the media organization.
- Write a detail report and submit both electronic and hard copy to the NE Connection.
Results and / or Deliverables:
|Submission of report on joint kick off and planning meeting with media firm, Programme Assistant and the NE Connection program and Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) teams to discuss key deliverables, timeline, and reporting, the report to be submitted will covers mapping of relevant actors and influential stakeholders to participate in the media campaign (critical stakeholders both at the state and LGA level).||5||June 15, 2022||10%|
|Share a developed questionnaire with NE connection for review and approval and detail report on organized, and conducted interviews with identified/mapped respected personalities and influential stakeholders as well as community members||5||June 25, 2022||15%|
|Submission of short video skits (5 distinct short video skitsin English, Kanuri, and Hausa), audio jingles, pre-recorded interviews with identified influential persons, conflict sensitive media contents for broadcast and dissemination in English, Hausa, and Kanuri languages also development of social media pages/contents for review and approval before production.||8||July 10, 2022||20%|
|Detail report on monitoring the dissemination of conflict sensitive social media pages/contents, short video skits, jingles, and pre-recorded interviews with respected personalities||10||July 20, 2022||20%|
|Share design conflict sensitive messages to be printed on T-shirts, Face-caps and Hijabsin English, Hausa,and Kanuri languages with USAID and NE Connection logos. The contents will focus on promoting reconciliation, forgiveness, and reintegration to be approved by NE Connection. NE connection team will directly procure the T-shirts, Face-caps and Hijab which will be distributed to community members as part of the campaign. Submit report on translation of Hausa and Kanuri for 2 days each to translate the media contents for local audience and wider coverage.||6||August 8, 2022||15%|
|Participation and submission of final activity detailed/complied report including recommendations, success stories, quality action pictures.||10||Sept 16, 2022||20%|
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- University Degree or equivalent in Social Science or related field
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Cultural competency, patience, and a sense of humor essential
- Experience in media.
- In-depth knowledge of northeast crises trend with engagement experience in supporting activities that complement the Borno state government’s 10-year Transformational Plan and 25-year Development plan.
- Equipped with sufficient level of awareness on: Resilience, Reintegration, Reconciliation,Early Recovery, good understanding of national and state government policies and Lake Chad region.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent documentation skill is required.
Application Closing Date
5:00 PM: 26th May, 2022.
Questions Due Date
2:00 PM: 23rd May, 2022.
Method of Application
All Correspondence and / or Inquiries regarding this Request for Quotations (RFQ) must reference the above RFQ number and be directed via email to: [email protected] Creative intends to award afixed price consultant agreement but reserves the right to make multiple awards or no award.
Please submit the following documents to provide a quote in response to this RFQ:
- Confirm that you have the qualifications and experience to perform the work as defined in the scope of work AND are available to perform the work during the period of performance required.
- An updated CV that reflects the education, skills, and experience required in Attachment 1, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the scope of work.
- Confirm that you can perform the work within the not-to-exceed level of effort (LOE) stated in the scope or provide an alternate LOE and justify. Also include any non-labor costs expectations.
- Any questions should be submitted in writing and emailed to: [email protected] no later than the above date.
- No questions will be entertained if they are received by means other than the specified email address, and any communications to alternate e-mail addresses may result in the disqualification of the bidder.
- The RFQ number listed above should be stated in the Subject line.
Answers to Questions:
- Answers will be compiled and distributed before close of business on 05/24/2022. Sincerely, Creative Associates International.
- Attachment 2 (Terms and Conditions), Annex A (Reps, Certs and Consents form) and AnnexesB/C/D (W-8; W-9; Vendor forms, as applicable)are provided for your information at this stage in the solicitation process. Completed forms will be required only if you have been selected for the consulting opportunity.However, you may complete, sign, and submit the forms as part of your response to this request.
- A Budget Template is also provided. You are not required to use this template and can submit pricing in any format that allows Creative to evaluate the realism and reasonableness of your price in relation to the work required.
- Selection will be made on the basis of technical capability and overall best value. Modifications to this RFQ, including closing date extensions, will be posted on the same medium/website where the original solicitation is posted. Please check the website for updates.
- Also note that Creative desires to keep potential consultant personal data on an internal database for the sole purpose of searching for qualified individuals for future opportunities. If you wish to be entered into our database to be considered for potential future work, please click HERE.