WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Storekeeper
Contract Type: Service Contract (SC), Level -4
Duty Station: Gambella, Ethiopia
Duration: 12 Months
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
BACKGROUND & PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT
This job is based in Gambella, Ethiopia which will be working in WFP warehouses. Job holders report to the Warehouse Management Assistant/Associate or the designate. Job holders are exposed to all phases of the warehouse operations and work with minimum supervision. They may provide supervision and on-the-job training to other warehouse staff.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Effectively receive/dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Prepare, verify and sign off warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Conduct daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
- Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly and analyse reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate missing quantity and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
- Implement appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to warehouse staff to contribute to their development and high performance.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school, technical college diploma, or Bachelor’s degree in transportation/logistics, supply chain management, or a related fields.
Experience: Secondary school education completion with a minimum of 4 years of working experience OR a bachelor’s degree with minimum of 4 years of work experience.
Language : Fluency in both oral and written English.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.