CBM (registered as CBM Christoffel-Blindenmission Christian Blind Mission e.V.) is an international development organisation for people with disabilities. For more than 100 years, it has been fighting based on Christian values in the world’s poorest regions to improve the quality of life of people who have a disability. It is committed to preventing disabilities. CBM’s aim is to break the cycle of poverty and disability in developing countries and to create a world in which people with disabilities have the same opportunities and rights as all others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Project Officer
Division: Programme Delivery Africa West & Center (AFWC) – Country Office Nigeria
Reports To: Project Manager
Main objective of the Role:
- Reviews project components
- Develops project resource profiles and timelines
- Assesses delivery issues and works with national counterparts to build common understanding
- Coordination on project activities.
- Support the Project Manager in effective and efficient management of the new onchocerciasis and lymphatic filariasis elimination project in the assigned state in Nigeria.
- Conduct site visits as needed to project sites to support State Ministry of Health teams and other partners in project activities.
- Maintain data and reports on routine project activities and report back to Project Manager on a frequent basis.
- Support reporting requirements from donors and other stakeholders.
- Support project team in maintaining accurate information for reporting to donors and supporting other day to day operational needs.
- Support routine budget monitoring and periodic budget reviews (annual, quarterly, etc.)
- Support the project team in organizing workshops, training programmes, and related project events at the state or national level, as needs arise.
- Provide administration and communications support to the team, under the guidance of the Project Manager.
- Ensure that the project abides by CBM procedures and requirements.
- Travel activities, yes
- A relevant Academic Degree (Social sciences, International Development, Project Management, Public Health or Biological Sciences).
- A minimum of 3 years with an international development agency in a similar role.
- A passion to make a difference for improving the life of people with disabilities.
- Experience in project planning, budgeting, M&E and preparation of reports for institutional donors.
- Sound working knowledge of key issues surrounding NTDs in both a local and global context
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Knowledge of local language spoken in assigned state, a plus.
- Proven administrative skills
- Strong numeracy with ability to analyse and manage data
- Computer literacy (MS office)
- Identification with the values and mandate of CBM
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be contacted
- Applications to the vacancy are reviewed on a rolling basis and could include additional assessment steps
- CBM strongly encourages women and persons with disabilities to apply for this position
- The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy