Stakeholder Engagement/National Awareness and Social Media Communication Specialist
Job Posting: 30/May/2023
Closure Date: 13/Jun/2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit : PMUSA
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition : PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level : N/A
Primary Location: Saudi Arabia
Duration : Up to 11 months
Post Number : N/A
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- FAO staff are subject to the authority of the Director-General, who may assign them to any of the activities or offices of the Organization.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) contributes to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through the FAO Strategic Framework by supporting the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems, for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind. The Programme Management Unit (PMU) of the FAO-Saudi Technical Cooperation Programme (2019-2025) facilitates, coordinates and manages all technical and advisory services to be provided by FAO to the Saudi Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture (MoEWA) and its sister agencies. Within the framework of the UTF Technical Cooperation Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) covering the period 2019-2025 signed on February 13, 2019 between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia represented by MoEWA, and FAO, the UTF projects “UTF/SAU/054/SAU: Enhancing National capacities for Evidence-based Irrigation Management “UTF/SAU/053/SAU: Promoting efficient irrigation and water productivity amongst farmers have been approved by the FAO and Saudi Irrigation Organization (SIO). The Projects, developed jointly by SIO and FAO focuses directly on supporting the implementation of the Saudi Irrigation Organization Corporate Strategy, which was developed within the context of the Saudi Vision 2030 and aims at strengthening the capacity of SIO to improve irrigation efficiency.
An overall plans and budgets were developed and approved, including activities and outputs that are expected to be accomplished under each project. Requirements for national and international technical expertise for each project have been identified. In order to ensure a coordinated, smooth, timely and successful implementation of these projects, long-term competent international technical advisors have been appointed for each project who will be supported by a team of national specialists and international consultants and experts who are technical specialists in the subject matters of the various outputs and activities. This publication aims to identify the following Stakeholder Engagement/National Awareness and Social Media Communication Specialists: O STAKEHOLDERS ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST O NATIONAL AWARENESS AND SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST
The Specialists will report to the Projects Technical Advisor under the overall guidance of the FAO Programme Director in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Supporting the implementation of related activities under the different outputs in accordance with workplan through the provision of expertise in relevant technical areas to support project implementation.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Specialists will carry out the following tasks (presented according to specialization): Stakeholders Engagement Specialist: o Contribute to stakeholder identification, mapping and analysis for irrigation performance assessment and code design, drainage systems and their management systems, as well as for various farming systems in KSA. o Support the mobilization and engagement of stakeholders who are to are to be involved in the projects implementation and related activities. o Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources, organize such data into meaningful inputs for databases and maintain databases/data systems to be shared with project team. o Contribute to the organization and management of capacity building meetings, workshops, expert group meetings, discussion groups for related Stakeholders o Support the communication team in preparing additional communication products for events on stakeholder engagement.
National Awareness & Social Media Communication Specialist: In close collaboration with OCC branches and focal points, the incumbent will: o Prepare communication materials for the dissemination of project results and achievements. o Design of projects events ad concept note/workshops agendas/brochures…etc o Support the preparation of extension, and knowledge products and material. o Develop graphics, audio-visual materials (such as professional photos, videos, signage, display panels, backdrops, pull-ups, pop-ups, leaflets, brochures, booklets, fact sheets, short-video clips, web cast and media briefings) for special events (such as training activities, press conferences, inaugurations, and workshops) to respond to the knowledge needs of the project different audiences. o Contribute to designing of festivals and national irrigation exhibitions, and other similar events to highlight activities and results of the project. o Carry out awareness campaigns about the proper efficient irrigation water practices. o Perform other duties as required. o Manage thematic/regional/country social media channels, as per the FAO social media guidelines: https://www.fao.org/communications/policy/social-media/en/
All social media assets should be produced must comply with FAO standards, including: Social Media Branding guidelines: https://www.fao.org/3/cb5044en/cb5044en.pdf FAOSTYLE (English: https://www.fao.org/3/cb8081en/cb8081en.pdf; FAO terminology http://www.fao.org/faoterm; FAO names of countries https://www.fao.org/nocs/en; UN map standards (available to staff); FAO Brand and policy book (available to staff) For videos intended for social media, liaise with OCCI to clear the scripts prior to editing. The social media videos should follow the branding guidelines outlined here: https://www.fao.org/3/cb5044en/cb5044en.pdf Further guidance regarding FAO communications, policies and procedures can be found through the FAO intranet, OCC section.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree communication, media studies or related field.
- Five years of relevant experience in stakeholder engagement and use of social media for agriculture development
- Working knowledge (Level C) of Arabic and limited knowledge (Level B) of English.
- National of Saudi Arabia or have resident permit (please submit copy with your application).
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT