Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 100 countries and has some 20,000 staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. We have over 800 staff working in 8 locations across Ukraine.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Staff Health Administrative Assistant 2 in its delegation in Kyiv.
Under the close supervision of the Staff Health Manager, Staff Health Administrative Assistant 2 (equivalent to Administrative Assistant 2) will ensure medical reimbursement as per ICRC standard practice including tracking of the medical reimbursement and its limit as per the category of reimbursement and provide necessary administrative support to Staff Health Unit.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supports implementation of projects and programmes – medical reimbursement to resident staff.
- Produces statistics and updates data using specialized tools.
- Independently drafts and finalizes correspondence, internal presentations, meeting minutes and other documents; shares information among users.
- Updates the timeline, tables and charts, schedule and other tools and ensures invoices are followed up on.
- Prepares for meetings by setting up rooms and materials, including technical set-up for conference calls, presentations and video conferences.
- Independently carries out complex secretarial tasks.
- Assists with organizing seminars, training sessions and workshops; liaises with internal and external contacts and service providers related to their work and follows up on expenses.
- Contributes to producing tools adapted to their unit’s needs.
- Keeps files up-to-date and ensures that records are managed properly
What we offer you:
- Employment contract according to Ukrainian labour law
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual paid 20 working days’ vacation
- Competitive salary based on your qualification and past experience between 50000 and 70000 UAH
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- Foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
What we require from you:
- Ukrainian citizenship or permanent residence permit in Ukraine.
- High school diploma or equivalent training in a related field, preferably in pharmacy, nursing or medical.
- 5 years of overall working experience.
- At least 1 year experience in medical reimbursement in a similar organization or insurance company is required.
- Excellent command of English, Ukrainian and Russian language.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint and IBM Lotus Notes.
- Self-motivated with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work independently, as well as effectively under supervision.
- Confidence in managing projects and staff.
- Ability to organize an and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work within in a diverse team and establish and maintain good working relations in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
Starting date: As soon as possible
How to apply
Please complete the ICRC questionnaire as part of your application. The questionnaire is available through the following link (You may click on the link below or copy the link into your internet browser): https://forms.office.com/e/APw3dvQMHJ
In addition, please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department. Please label your CV with your first name and last name (First Name LAST NAME).
Please note, your application will be reviewed and considered only once you have completed the ICRC questionnaire and uploaded your CV in English.
Application deadline: 06 August 2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
Qualified female and male candidates are encouraged to apply for the position.
For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/