Specialist in data analysis and use of programming languages
Job Announcement : Jun / 30/2023
Date of cancellation of publication : Jul / 15/2023, 21:59:00
Organizational Unit: FLECU
Type of position : Temporary work
Requisition Type: PSA ( Personal Service Agreements )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Ecuador-Quito
Duration: 2 months with the possibility of extension
Post Number: N / A
_ FAO strikes for gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and international consultants, in order to best serve the Organization’s Member Nations in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of gender, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of underrepresented or unrepresented Member States and people with disabilities who possess the necessary qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- All people who work for FAO are held to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, has a policy of zero tolerance for conduct inconsistent with its statute, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All successful candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The position is located in the office of the FAO Representation in Ecuador, located in the city of Quito to support pillar 1 “Transition towards healthy diets for better nutrition” of the Country Programming Framework 2022-2026.
The Specialist reports their activities to the Program Officer of the Representation and Coordinator of the Project Sustainable and inclusive agri-food systems for the promotion of healthy and affordable diets.
Field of specialization
The specialist will provide technological support in the development of digital platforms and tools that facilitate the monitoring, evaluation and follow-up of national strategies to prevent and reduce hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition of the Ecuadorian population, especially the most vulnerable .
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop a digital tool based on the ISPA initiative ( Inter-institutional evaluation of social protection ) that allows monitoring, evaluating and following up on the progress of the local action plans of the cantonal intersector tables.
- Develop a digital tool to monitor, follow up and evaluate compliance with the actions of the Sustainable Schools model in the School Feeding Program and in Child Development Centers in order to detect and timely solve critical issues that arise in the different processes.
- Generate a mobile application to collect information on indicators of infrastructure, equipment, furniture and human resources of educational units.
- Generate a mobile application for registration and certification of AFC producers.
- Design and implement a capacity building strategy for the technical teams of the national and local counterparts in the use of the digital tools designed in the project.
- Participate in complementary information gathering processes, technical meetings and in articulation with the project team and national counterparts.
- Support in the generation of technical information for the annual operating plan and procurement and contracting plan.
- Provide specific and specialized knowledge to new project ideas.
- Technically support the implementation of methodologies and activities aimed at project execution.
- Actively participate in technical meetings with personnel from allies for the development of the project.
- Generate the process and project results information to make comprehensive management visible to strategic partners, donors, governments and relevant actors.
- Provide information required for knowledge management activities for project results (Systematization, communication, awareness) aimed at project beneficiaries and within FAO.
- Report the progress of their specific activities in accordance with the defined monitoring system.
- Participate in periodic technical meetings for the evaluation and monitoring of the project.
- Prepare and present regular technical information based on the activities.
- Execute activities that allow the technical, operational and administrative closure of the project.
- Propose specific technical improvements for eventual interventions.
- Identify and collect data for the visibility of good practices and recommendations for future interventions.
- Carry out other tasks of a technical/operative/administrative nature within the framework of the activities carried out by FAO Ecuador as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Third level degree in systems and computing, software development or related areas.
- Minimum proven experience of 3 years in data analysis and use of programming languages.
- Knowledge of Spanish language C level.
- National of Ecuador or resident in the country with regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Knowledge proving in the use of unstructured databases ( for mobile devices ) and structured ( integration with institutional databases, such as PostgreSQL ).
- Proven use of OpenForis.
- Knowledge of database structure and management.
- Knowledge in the implementation of georeferencing components of information collected in the field.
- They provide skills to work in multilateral environments that involve interaction with public institutions and national and international actors.
- Full time office availability
- Availability to travel to different sectors of the country.
- Supporting documents work experience.
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all, and integrity and transparency.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have questions, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the application submission deadline has expired will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider degrees or academic credentials obtained at an educational institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For all other questions visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/.
APPLYING To apply, go to the FAO recruitment website ( Jobs at FAO ) and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered. We advise candidates to apply well in advance of the deadline. If you need help, contact: Careers@fao.org.
SMOKING IS PROHIBITED ON FAO PREMISES