The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-for profit organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the United States Agency for International
Development (USAID), Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike
The Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is a 5 Year funded project implemented in Akwa Ibom & Cross River States. Implementation is targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
SI Advisors: Health informatics; Database management and Data Analytics & Visualization
Level of Effort
Full Time (8.00am to 5.00pm Mondays – Friday) 100%
Job Location Akwa Ibom
Number of Persons Required
This position reports to the Director, Monitoring, evaluation & Learning
- The SI Advisor will provide technical guidance on design, development, and implementation of the project M&E strategy, build capacity in country to develop, manage and operationalize M&E systems and plans that are aligned to program strategy, and permit quality reporting.
- Will undertake periodic program reviews and/or country M&E systems and participate in M&E system strengthening planning activities. This includes establishing key components of an M&E system including data collection, analysis, and use products and mechanisms to promote evidence-based programming, and timely feedback in relation to targets or identification and resolution of gaps, reporting on key output, outcome and impact indicators for the program.
- Will provide support in ensuring program indicators are consistently tracked towards improvement.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance, developing, and setting up systems for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet donor reporting requirements and ECEWS standards.
- Responsible for Health informatics; Database management and Data Analytics & Visualization
Task / Responsibility
- Oversee M&E/SI activities in close collaboration with the Country Program.
- Develop and directly contribute to the development and implementation of M&E tools and systems to improve ability to collect, interpret and aggregate data.
- Develop and support the design and implementation of baseline, mid-term, and end of project evaluations, surveys, and other components of the program M&E system.
- Provide frequent on-going audit of program data based on established USAID Project targets.
- Support reporting, work planning and project dissemination.
- Prepare regular QI data feedback reports (monthly and quarterly) including communication and following up with county program team on data submission, validation, and utilization of feedback.
- Lead and coordinate program Data Quality Assessments, Project Monitoring Plan.
- Coordinate USAID target dissemination and monitoring in the project supported sites through routine data review meetings & sharing forums.
- Ensure program data quality standard are met through leading and coordinating data quality audits & assessments (paper & electronic) for the project.
- Lead and coordinate data review and sharing at facility level through routine data review & CQI meetings.
- Support the Head of Program and all relevant program staff to utilize available M&E tools and data to analyze program information and use results to improve implementation.
- Work with the management team to ensure programmatic missed opportunities are followed through to logical conclusion.
- Facilitates the use of data to improve project progress.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a comprehensive plan to address data quality issues within the supported sites.
- Provide technical assistance to develop dashboards and train stakeholders, facility/country staff to interpret and use dashboard visualization/data for decision making.
- Provide any other M&E technical support as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements Education
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioural, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- A minimum of 8-11 years professional managerial experience, including at least 5 years’ experience managing monitoring and evaluation for USAID projects and for complex development activities, especially HIV Projects.
- Knowledge and experience in specific technical area.
- Informed of current program developments in division/unit/technical area.
- Years of work experience that demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of technical issues.
- Ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Minimum of 8-11 years working on designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and analyzing data to support performance improvement of programs funded by USAID or PEPFAR.
- Previous experience working with USAID or PEPFAR-supported programs, including familiarity with USAID M&E reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to be the technical specialist and as the lead subject matter expert in monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, SPSS, Epi Info and/or other analytic software and to provide evidence-based recommendations accordingly.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of GIS and other tools to support geo-spatial display of data to target program interventions and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats including visualizations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Nigeria’s health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting and use of data.
- Previous experience in building capacity for generation and use of SI in CBOs.
- General understanding of the external environment and how it affects the industry in general and ECEWS in particular, including political, legal, environmental, financial and social influences.
- General understanding of organization’s structure, policies and practices, and the impact on own area.
- Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to exchange information, present recommendations and collaborate with colleagues and peers within the organization and possibly externally.
- Ability to influence others of the benefits/importance of an idea or plan of action and to gain their support or commitment.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to reach mutual points of agreement and benefit among peers and colleagues.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
Technology to be used:
- Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail), SPSS, Epi Info, STATA, LAMIS, NOMIS, DHIS, NHMIS, office telephone, calculator, cell phone and printer/copier.
Travel Requirements: 70% – 80%
This vacancy will close on the 2nd of June, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit through this email address: email@example.com
APPLICATION MUST EXPLICITLY STATE YOUR FULL NAMES, THE POSITION OF INTEREST WITH PREFERED LOCATION as the subject of the email.
Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.