Posting Title: Service Desk Officer- Fixed Term- Field Office Jerusalem-For Internal and External Candidates- Grade, 13
Job Code Title: Service Desk Officer
Department/Office: United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA)
Duty Station: FO West Bank
Posting Period: 07 July 2023 – 21 July 2023
Job Opening Number: 23-Information Management Systems-UNRWA-213214-R- (R)
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Organisational Setting and ReportingThe incumbent reports to the Senior Service Desk Officer.
The incumbent: 1. Provides first level Information Management and Technology (IMT) support services to end-users, in accordance with established standards, policies and operating procedures, including: a) Provision of Tier-1 level support and troubleshooting of department-specific information management systems and applications; b) Provision of Tier-1 level support and troubleshooting of IMT devices, applications and services in UNRWA areas of operation as required; c) Fulfilling end-user requests for IMT services within established Service Level Agreements (SLAs), including access to application systems and computer or mobile resources; d) Performing user account management; e) Identifying and resolving/escalating reported incidents, analyzing issues, identifying systemic problems, and recommending appropriate solutions; f) Escalating incidents with accurate documentation to suitable support teams or vendor; g) Using remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting; h) Maintaining and timely updating the service desk system with accurate statuses of all assigned service requests and incidents; i) Collecting and analyzing feedback from end-users and making recommendations to the appropriate internal team. 2. Installs new or updates existing end-user IMT hardware, mobile devices and software, including operating system and anti-virus software, in accordance with established standards; prepares and maintains an up-to-date inventory of installed devices and software licenses; liaises with maintenance and service vendors to install and service end-user computer hardware, mobile devices and provision of minor IMT equipment; 3. Conducts end-user training needs assessment with substantive contribution to the development of end-users training materials and provides formal and on-the-job training on the use of computing services and facilities, devices, tools, wireless connectivity, mobiles devices and standard software packages; 4. Prepares and supports requested IMT services for various internal and external meetings, including necessary Internet, Wi-Fi, teleconferencing, video conferencing, desktop, printing, and video/audio projection services; provides daily video conferencing connectivity and troubleshooting services; 5. Provides general information and advice to end-user queries on IMT products and services at UNRWA, potential access, usage policies, acquisition, upgrade and replacement of standard IMT hardware, software, or mobile equipment; 6. Creates help sheets and FAQ lists for end users and contribute to knowledgebase as needed; 7. Assists with implementation of projects related to end-user service delivery services; 8. Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
CompetenciesUN Core Values of Professionalism, Integrity and Respect for Diversity and Core Competencies of Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results apply by default.. In addition, the following competencies apply: 1- Following Instructions and Procedures; 2- Coping with Pressure and Setbacks; 3- Relating and Networking; 4- Adapting and Responding to Change; 5- Learning and Researching.
Education– A university degree from an accredited educational institution in information technology, information management, computer science, or other related discipline; – Microsoft Office Specialist certification
Work ExperienceA minimum of three years progressively responsible and relevant experience in IT Service or Help Desk experience providing user support in a network computer environment including one year with video conference facilities management and support is required; Work experience with video conference technology, Microsoft Windows based desktop technology, Microsoft Office software suite, Microsoft 365 solutions and working in an ITIL-driven environment with knowledge of ITIL principles and processes is required.
- Please confirm if you live/ reside in West Bank or Jerusalem? And if you have West Bank or Jerusalem ID. please to mention its number down, as it is desirable.
LanguagesVery good command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Work Experience Education
- View this Job Posting in Arabic (Common mistakes) UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified women. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities. * Conditions of service -Type of Contract: Fixed Term Appointment – Duration of Contract: 3 years including 1 year probation period, with the possibility of further extension, subject to the availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need. Monthly basic salary USD1,410.70, payable in JD at UN monthly exchange rate, plus an allowance of 1000 NIS payable in JD at UNRWA rate. Other benefits include:
- Provident Fund contribution (15.2% of basic salary paid by the Agency).
- Dependency allowances (if applicable).
- 30 days of annual leave.
- Compulsory medical insurance. * Other Information: The incumbent may be required to travel inside the area of operations. ** DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: 1- ITIL Foundation Certification; 2- Communication and customer care and training; ** Equivalency: Equivalency may apply for this post. When the minimum requirements are not fully met, the Director of Human Resources may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications and progressive relevant work experience. NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination. For guidance on how to prepare for competency-based interviews: https://careers.un.org/lbw/home.aspx?viewtype=AYI * Important information 1-This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. Only candidates residing in West Bank or Jerusalem, and within commuting distance of the duty station with authorization to work in the duty station at the time of application are eligible to apply. The Agency will not assume responsibility or accountability to support or facilitate the issuance of work permit in West Bank/ Jerusalem, and without a valid work permit, the appointment may be rescinded. 2- Preference will be given to registered Palestine refugees and candidates assisting the Agency to meet its commitment to gender parity. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities. 3- A roster may be created from the selection exercise, and successful candidates may become eligible for appointment to the same post or a similar post. 4- Only applications that have been fully completed in UNRWA’s online e-recruitment system inspira will be considered and no late applications will be accepted. The PHP should be completed with full relevant work experience under the experience tabs as per the requirements in the Job Opening. All acquired university degrees must also be stated, if applicable. Applicants applying to positions for Grades 12 to 20 must submit a cover letter/motivational statement in order to be considered. Additionally, providing incorrect or misleading information on an application will result in the immediate disqualification of a candidate. 5- Please ensure that the e-mail address and mobile phone number that you have written in your Personal History Form are accurate and active. Your status in relation to the vacancy will be communicated to you via email listed on your Personal History Form, as we will no longer be using telephone calls. 6-It is the responsibility of the candidate to provide full, accurate and up to date information in his/her application form. Any missing and/or misleading data may lead to candidate disqualification. 7- For UNRWA internal staff, they are required to specify and include their current UNRWA grade level. To do so applicants should select under “Category” RLG, scroll down to see all categories, then select their local grade. Advertisements published only in English will only accept applications in English, and Arabic submissions will not be considered. The Agency may disqualify applicants whose name appears on the UN Sanctions List or a UN database of staff separated for reason of misconduct or of staff who separated whilst misconduct processes were pending. UNRWA shares investigation and misconduct information with other UN Agencies, and past and prospective employers, about staff members who have been separated for misconduct, or who have separated whilst an investigation and/or disciplinary process for misconduct is underway; and such persons may be prohibited from employment with the United Nations. The Agency will immediately disqualify applicants who are ineligible for any reason in accordance with the Agency regulatory framework. UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for and commitment to human rights, diversity, and non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non-smoking work environment. The Agency reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description. On appointment, all individuals will be asked to sign a self-attestation, confirming that they have not committed, been convicted of, or prosecuted for, any criminal offence and that they have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law. UNRWA, the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff working across five areas of operation, is looking for professionals like you. UNRWA’s human development goals UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states, regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions. The mission of UNRWA is to help Palestine refugees achieve their full potential in human development under the difficult circumstances in which they live. How can you make a difference? You will be joining a team of around 4,000 staff in the West Bank Field Office working to foster the human development of some 800,000 registered Palestine refugees. For more details on UNRWA, please visit: https://www.unrwa.org/
United Nations ConsiderationsStaff members are subject to the authority of the Commissioner-General of UNRWA and to assignment by him or her. UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified applicants from under-represented groups. At UNRWA, the paramount consideration in the recruitment and employment of staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity, with due regard to geographic diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs. UNRWA is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application. UNRWA Considerations UNRWA staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of efficiency, competence, neutrality, impartiality and integrity. This includes respect for and commitment to human rights, diversity and non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. Candidates will not be considered for employment with UNRWA if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment. The Agency may disqualify applicants who have separated for reason of misconduct, who left a UN Agency while misconduct processes were pending, or who appear on the UN Sanctions List. UNRWA is a non-smoking work environment. Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage. The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application. Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.