The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is an international organisation with 19 Member States and active in more than 90 countries worldwide, it takes a regional approach in its work to create efficient cooperation and partnerships along migration routes. Priority regions include Africa, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, Mediterranean, Silk Routes, Western Balkans and Türkiye.ICMPD has vast experience in bridging the gap between theory and practice. According to these principles, ICMPD provides policy makers and politicians with the necessary groundwork needed to make decisions. The ICMPD regional office for West Africa is located in Abuja.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Developer / Engineer (Consultancy)
Duration: 1 year
Tentative Period: December 2022 – December 2023
- We seek the services of a Senior Software Developer as a consultant / short term expert to identify and implement an integrated solution to automate the recruitment and promotion processes of one of our partner institutions in Nigeria.
Identify and implement a centralized ICT solutions (software and hard ware) needed for the deployment of an intergrated Recruitment portal; personnel information management database system; and the installation of a server (hardware) with minimum requirements as follows:
- A centralised records Management system
- Recruitment Portal for the Application and Appointment for both Senior and Junior Officers of our partner institution.
- Manages the entire employee life cycle of the officers of our partner institution.
The New System Should:
- Integrate with the NIMC
- The existing HR Systems of our partner institution
- The system should have Dashboard for reporting and doing Analytics
- The System will be Hybrid (Both Cloud and On Prem)
- The Galaxy GBB will provide network resources and Storage for Backup services for the System.
Deliverables / Key Results Expected
- Draft ICT requirements/assessment report and work plan for implementation
- Recruitment Portal successfully deployed
- Customization and deployment of the PMIS according to Business Rules defined in sync with the Career Progression Framework of our partner institution
- Test-running and Migrating of data from the current system
- Successful deployment and test run of (in cloud and on Prem) servers
- Installation of applicable work-stations’ hardware and software
- Joint training of officials of our partner institution.
- The Experts will report to the Project Manager, Matthias ESENE (Matthias.email@example.com) who will be in charge of the overall supervision both in terms of administrative and content issues, and who will provide input and comments on deliverables as needed.
Required Expertise and Skills
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Extensive experience in software development, scripting, and project management
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic) and automated testing frameworks
- Knowledge of selected programming languages (e.g. Python, C++) and the Java/J2EE platform
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
- Experience in building large, highly available distributed systems. Experience as a team lead is an added advantage.
- Focus on building solutions utilizing an agile approach: close relationships with relevant stakeholders, communicating and digesting real-time feedback.
- Experience building complex web systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through the actual launch of the project.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Master’s Degree in the appropriate field of study
- 5+ years of experience as an advanced software engineer
- 4+ years of professional experience in professional web development
- Proficiency in (verbal/written) English.
All applicants will submit a methodology to include the following:
- Technical document detailing the methodology the Developer will use in deploying the above project. (preferably in table format).
- Share samples of previous projects (only share those in public domain).
- A work plan detailing the timeline and total number consultancy days using the above indicative period. The work plan should be very clear and should also be in a table format. See example below:
|Activity||Number of Days||Date and Timeline|
All applications are required to indicate their daily rate in the work plan for this consultancy.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and Methodology to Okafor Joseph via: Joseph.firstname.lastname@example.org and cc Matthias.email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.