Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Senior Resources Management Assistant
Duty Station : Bangkok, Thailand
Classification : General Service (G-7, THB 109,232.92 per month)
Type of Appointment : One Year Fixed Term Contract
Initial 12 months with possibility of extension
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 15 December 2022
Reference Code : VN076/2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
1. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Resources Management (Head of RM) in IOM Thailand and direct supervision of the National Resources Management Officer (NRMO); and in close collaboration with the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP), Department of Financial and Administrative Management (DFM), relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the resources management functions in IOM Thailand.
2. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide overall support to the Resources Management Unit (RMU) in mission and project financial management for all activities in IOM Bangkok and sub-offices in Thailand and other administrative activities;
- Maintain appropriate internal controls to safeguard the Organization’s assets, control cash and prevent fraud.
- Monitor, process and reconcile financial transactions and payments to personnel and suppliers in a timely manner, maintain financial records using the IOM Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System in line with IOM financial regulations;
- Contribute to the monitoring of budget versus actual financials for the operational activities of the IOM Thailand;
- Perform validity checks on the monthly payroll projectization results;
- Oversee and guarantee the safe custody of all available cash;
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly accounts closure in compliance with the accounts closure checklist;
- Contribute to the preparation of budgets and accounting, financial, statistical and donor reports complying with relevant donor requirements;
- Oversee a filing system and ensure that all RMU documents and paid vouchers are properly filed and updated in the order in which they are entered in PRISM;
- Validate that all Travel Authorizations are duly completed before staff are authorized to travel and validate that all TAs and expense claims are duly completed and all supporting documents are attached prior to dispatch for computation and reimbursement;
- Coordinate with the banks for the updated of authorized signatory, ensure payments are smoothly facilitate thru bank system.
- Supervise the Finance team and provide general guidance, training and oversight on accounting, financial policies and procedures to staff as required;
- Assist in developing and enhancing tools and guidelines in the areas of mission risk-assessment reviews, monitoring and reporting;
- Liaise with the Regional Offices, Country Offices, MAC and PAC with regard to the financial and administrative activities as required; and,
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
3. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- High school diploma with seven years of relevant professional experience
- Professional certification as Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- Experience in financial administration including financial management, accounting, budgeting and audit;
- Experience in human resources, procurement and logistics;
- Experience using an Enterprise Resource Planning system; and,
- Experience working in an international organisation an advantage.
- High level of computer literacy, good knowledge of MS Office, in particular in Excel;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work with national and international institutions;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise report;
- Demonstrated ability to and exercise sound judgment;
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) an advantage; and,
- Knowledge of SAP highly desirable.
- Fluency in English (oral and written).
5. DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: Displays a high level of cultural awareness, sensitivity to different ways of working and leverages individual strengths in order to build a better team.
- Delivering results: Monitors own and others’ work in a systematic and effective way, ensuring required resources and outputs.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Disseminates and shares knowledge openly and actively contributes to knowledge/network communities for topics relevant to area of expertise.
- Accountability: Plans and organizes work with a clear and deliberate focus, ensuring commitments are easily identified and progress is widely communicated.
- Communication: Seeks to share information with others, with due respect for diversity and the confidentiality of specific sensitive information.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: Assigns responsibilities fairly and manages performance, taking account of individual strengths, workloads and interests.
- Empowering others & building trust: Encourages others to take responsibility for their performance; promotes ownership, responsibility and accountability for desired results at all levels.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Clearly communicates links between the Organization’s strategy and the work unit’s goals.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail [email protected] byDecember 15, 2022 at the latest.
Kindly indicate the reference code VN076/2022 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include:
a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability;
b) a curriculum vitae;
c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form which can be downloaded from https://thailand.iom.int/sites/g/files/tmzbdl1371/files/Vacancies/Form/iom-personal-history-form-270122.xls.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting period: From 02.12.2022 to 15.12.2022