The Youth Network for Community & Sustainable Development is a youth-led movement catalyzing social change by engaging young people on critical sexual and reproductive issues affecting them and amplifying their voices to speak for Human Rights, through targeted advocacy to key players, capacity building and development, communications and media engagements, partnerships and programme implementation. We also work on a broad range of issues such as Gender, Governance and Environment, however, our priority over the years has been on Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights
Since its inception, YNCSD has been catalyzing efforts of young people towards ending Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C) and gender-based violence, through effective programming that transforms social norms underpinning these practices as well as promoting reproductive health and rights for women and girls. Part of our activities is to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted and that women and girls have access to reproductive health services and are given the opportunity to exercise full agency over their bodies. We pride ourselves to be a leading youth-led organization delivering quality programmes and interventions for our donors and partners based in Nigeria and globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Programme Associate
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Hours: Hybrid (3 Days onsite)
Contract Duration: 3 months until December 2022 (with one-month probation)
Offer / Contracting: As soon as the applicant has been identified
- We are seeking a fierce feminist to join us as a Senior Programme Associate who will be responsible for the management of our portfolio of projects ensuring that donor requirements and organizational requirements are met.
- The successful applicant will have a track record of ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Liaises directly with relevant support departments, such as human resources and compliance, to ensure project compliance with rules, regulations, and corporate policy, in consultation with program manager or director as appropriate
- Tracks, and when appropriate, reviews project and financial deliverables and reports for completeness and readiness for submission; may provide copy-editing support as needed.
- Drafts and tracks administrative and financial project requests and changes to clients and partners, including approvals for staffing, financial reporting and tracking, activity modifications, and budget adjustments; may liaise with corporate office and project staff and partners staff to obtain information and submit approvals
- Leads recruitment efforts for staff under the supervision of a manager/director, including sourcing candidates, conducting interviews, checking references, collecting employment verification documentation, and providing finalist feedback
- Supports monthly forecasting for project budget; drafts monthly budget and staffing memos; participates in the corporate budgeting process as requested
- Provides review of local expenses, supporting documentation, and draft invoices to manager for review and approval
- Analyzes and submits award invoices and backup documentation; drafts subawards and modifications; liaises closely with subaward partners on contractual issues
- Completes data entry of monthly project invoicing, subaward partner and consultant information, expense reports, and other types of data as requested
- Provides travel support for employees and consultants by gathering relevant travel information, reserving tickets, and seeking necessary travel authorizations and approvals; liaises with travelers to collect expense reports and required backup documentation
- Processes monthly wire transfer requests and provide initial reviews to ensure completeness and accuracy; submits final wire transfer request package for approval
- Drafts and submits employment agreements and collects necessary backup documentation to complete administrative procedures for onboarding
- Leads Project Management Unit (PMU) efforts for complete and comprehensive project documentation by saving relevant project documents and approvals to project SharePoint files and facilitating document reviews and file audits as appropriate
- Schedules and leads meetings prepare agenda, and captures notes as appropriate
- Participates in internal and external training events to strengthen core competencies for project management in line with donor regulations and Chemonics corporate standards
- May contribute dedicated time to other workstreams and functions to achieve Business Development (BD) goals, including new business, operations, and technical practice contributions
- New Business and Technical Development
- Participates on proposal teams in specific line roles of project and programme design. Leading the development of certain aspects of proposals and concept notes.
- Travels when appropriate to conduct information-gathering regarding new business efforts, including meeting with potential subaward partners
- Contributes to technical practice(s) as required by BD and corporate needs and performs other duties as required
- Prepares matching budgets and costings for projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years relevant administrative or professional work experience, including one year of procurement, contractual, project management, or related experience
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights including access to safe abortion services.
- Communicates clearly and concisely in both verbal and written communications; strong cross-culture communication and sensitivity skills
- Demonstrated experience multitasking with attention to detail, organization, and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience following standard practices and procedures, receiving general instruction and supervision, and contributing to projects and initiatives
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Works independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem-solving and initiative to learn new skills
- Strong knowledge of Google workspace
- Previous experience working in international development and/or living or conducting volunteer work in developing countries is a plus
- Willingness to travel up to 4 weeks per year.
N80,000 – N150,000 Monthly (based on experience).
Application Closing Date
15th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a letter of application stating your motivation and the skills that you would bring to this specific post along with your resume / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Senior Programme Associate” as the subject of the mail.
- Documents must be in English
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis