Results for Development (R4D) is a global nonprofit organization working with partners in more than 55 countries to find new ways to help people escape poverty and reach their full potential. We apply fresh thinking and rigor to emerging and stubborn development challenges-particularly within the fields of health, education and governance-and we pioneer and advance creative, high-impact solutions. We do this by conducting analysis and generating evidence that helps to inform and influence decision-makers; building platforms and networks that connect people and ideas; by providing direct support to local change agents; and combining these approaches to deliver meaningful and lasting results.
- Experience 7 years
- Location Abuja
Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
R4D is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual who would be responsible for driving health financing activities under FHM Engage with an initial focus on access to capital financing and in later years expanding to support the role of public financing in driving access to FP and MNCH services in FCT and Ebonyi states.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in development finance focusing on results and impact, with a strong strategic vision and an understanding of systems approaches to programming. The position is based in Abuja and reports to the R4D Nigeria Country Director with matrix reporting requirements to the Chief of Party, FHM Engage.
- Applying market systems thinking to health financing to engage, support, and increase the role of the private sector in the delivery of FP and other healthcare outcomes, including those enabling healthcare delivery such as local manufacturing of oxygen tanks, wholesalers and distributors, logistic supply firms, emergency transport companies and financing for agencies involved in the electrification of facilities, etc.
- Catalyze engagements with local and international private-sector actors, public and private health insurance, civil society, governments, development agencies, and host-country governments to develop a common vision for priority health financing topics that impact private sector engagement for FP/MNCH, co-design local solutions, build the resilience of local partner institutions, and build healthy market systems leveraging health financing as a tool.
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening.
- Support the Chief of Party to engage with the Government of Nigeria, USAID/Nigeria, along with relevant in-country stakeholders on health financing topics.
- Promote sustainability of health financing project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs, and capacity building of NIPs on health financing activities.
- Provide coaching and mentoring support to implementation partners for market facilitation activities as well as local market actors that may be taking on health financing activities.
- Support the project’s transition of activities to local partners by fostering and facilitating a learning and communicative environment.
- Participates fully as a member of R4D by contributing, assisting and participating in projects, activities, and initiatives as requested by management.
- Advanced degree in public health, health economics, health policy and management with a focus on health financing and policy.
- At least 7+ years of professional in health financing. Experience in health financing for FP, MNCH a plus.
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects.
- Demonstrated leadership experience of working in a technical role in Health Financing
- Experience managing complex relationships with a variety of stakeholders including governments at different levels; experience mentoring staff and working with international and national consultants and staff.
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills. Excellent English reading, writing, and communication skills.
- Must be authorized to work in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Results for Development (R4D) on jobs.lever.co to apply