The Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) is a specialized technical institution of the African Union established to support public health initiatives of Member States and strengthen the capacity of their public health institutions to detect, prevent, control and respond quickly and effectively to disease threats.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer – Saving Lives and Livelihoods Programme
Loaction: HQ – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Grade: AUP3 Step 1
Supervisor: Partnership Management Lead
- The Senior Procurement Officer will be responsible for managing and expediting the procurement activities of the programme in an effective and efficient manner.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Procurement Officer shall:
- Prepare a detailed procurement plan and schedule for the successful delivery of the vaccine rollout programme.
- Initiate and manage procurement activities as per the schedule and the request of teams.
- Prepare bid documents including Request for Interest (RFIs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs) using Africa CDC standard bid materials.
- Assist in the evaluation of bids and ensure the process follows Africa CDC and MasterCard Foundation guidelines.
- Represent Africa CDC in a professional manner, which creates a positive image and enhances the credibility of the organization.
- Perform any other duties as requested as requested by the Partnership Management Lead.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management or related fields. Candidates need to have at least 7 years of experience in procurement related positions of which 3 years are at supervisory level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management or related fields. Candidates need to have at least 10 years of experience in procurement related positions of which 3 years are at supervisory level.
- Knowledge of general procurement methods and procedures (especially AU and Africa CDC protocols).
- Experience in training and capacity building in organizations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including excellent word-processing capabilities, proficiency with e-mail and internet applications experience in using office software such as MS Power Point, Word and
- Deep understanding of the African Union and partners
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- High ethical standards and an uncompromising sense of integrity.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and with external
- Proven ability to use clear, concise language in correspondence as well as including content fitting for the purpose and audiences when preparing written briefs and reports.
- High level of autonomy at work, yet with profound team.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision, and in a culturally diverse team.
- Adaptive, patient, resourceful, resilient and flexible.
- Applicants must be proficient in at least one of the African Union working languages (English, French, Arabic, Spanish or Portuguese).
- Knowledge of two or more of African Union working languages would be an added advantage.
Tenure of Appointment:
- The appointment will be made on a fixed term contract for a period of three years, of which the first three months will be considered as a probationary period.
- Thereafter, the contract will be renewed annually subject to satisfactory performance and fund availability.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$37,453 (AUP3Step 1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment of US$17,228.38 (46% of basic salary per annum), Housing allowance of US$22,932 per annum, Thus a total of US$77,613.38 per annum plus Gratuity of 15% of Gross salary per annum.
Application Closing Date
10th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All correspondence, at this stage, should be via Oxford HR. To apply for this post,click on the “Apply” button on the job advert page, complete our online application form, and submit your CV and cover letter in two different documents, which should be prepared before applying as they will be considered in the application process.
- The cover letter should be no more than two pages long and explain why you are interested in this post and how your skills and experience make you a good fit.
- The document should be saved in MS Word in the following format: Your First Name-Your Last Name-Document Name-Date (mmyy) e.g., Pat-Jones-CV-062022-AFENET or Pat-Jones-CoverLetter-062022-AFENET