Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Operations Manager
Job ID: 2022-2563
Category: Administrative/Office Support
Report to: the Chief of Party.
- Funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and in close partnership with federal partners and select Nigeria States (designated as legacy [Bauchi and Sokoto], launching and technical assistance), the five-year Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) project will support sustainable improvements in reading outcomes for first and second grade pupils.
- The goal of LEARN is to strengthen and scale early grade reading (EGR) best practice by ensuring that standards-based, context-appropriate assessment, materials, training, and administrative supports needed to improve literacy skills for P1-2 pupils are embedded within the federal policy, funding, and monitoring frameworks, and state and local authorities have the implementation protocols, capacity, and resources to carry out and sustain standards-based, data-driven EGR reform.
- The project objective is to instill ownership in and build capacity of school-community, local, state, and federal systems to establish a base for adequate, consistent data-driven funding, monitoring and performance that increase the equity, inclusion, and wellbeing necessary to achieve sustained EGR gains.
- LEARN will therefore be building on lessons learned from prior Nigeria reading programs to introduce a flexible, cost- efficient EGR intervention model that can be tailored to state contexts.
- The Senior Operations Manager is responsible for the management of Human Resources, Office Management, Local Procurement and Information Technology of the program in the fluid and complex operational environment of LEARN Project in Nigeria.
Reporting & Supervision:
- Reporting directly to the COP, the Senior Operations Manager will support the COP in the management of program operations and provide technical leadership and oversight, as needed.
- S/he will directly supervise the Procurement team, Office Management, the IT department and the HR Team. S/he will additionally serve as primary liaison for international vendors.
In addition, S/he will:
- Provide guidance and technical leadership in ensuring timely support to all field Offices and the Abuja Office in Procurement, Office Administration, HR, IT Management and all logistics related issues.
- Design appropriate training programs for Operations staff at the Abuja Office and in the field Offices.
- Review and revise, if necessary, all legal document and procedures in use by the Abuja Office and field Offices.
- Perform other operational duties in a manner that supports the Abuja Office Team and improves LEARN to Read operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure streamlined operations systems in line with Creative and donor rules and regulations.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the portfolio of programs.
- Ensure an in-depth awareness of operational issues in the context of LEARN Project.
- Streamline and maintain procurement processes to meet grant deliverables and milestones.
- Serve as the primary liaison to all vendors and subcontractors.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of subcontracts with international vendors.
- Serves as primary liaison for Creative HQ on international subcontractor issues.
- Oversees the management of the operations unit (Office Administration, IT, Procurement and HR) on all related issues ensuring the are resolved in a timely manner.
- Provides timely and accurate reports on location of staff and assets and maintains proper hard and soft copy files for each. Reports may be requested by HQ or donor.
- Responsible for program compliance with Task Order, USG rules and regulations, and Creative policies and procedures.
- Supports COP in all operations tasks and duties.
- Manages, trains, and mentors key LEARN project team members in the areas of Administration, Logistics, Human Resources, IT and Procurement
- Respond to requests from donor and supervisors as needed.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least seven (7) years of relevant work experience, including experience with a Contractor or International NGO managing an office or program.
- At least four (4) years of experience supervising complex, high-speed, and challenging field operations in developing countries.
- Familiarity with or have experience in community participation-type projects as well as those that are political in focus.
- Experience in managing Procurement, Human Resource, Office Management and IT teams.
- Knowledge of basic operating procedures in high-risk environments.
- Experience in conflict, post-conflict, or transitional state environments.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capacity; and
- Previous experience working with USAID desired.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.